Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

metamod mmtimer.dll

Post New Thread Reply   

matt.b
BANNED
Old 05-17-2010 , 07:40   metamod mmtimer.dll
Reply With Quote #1

hello i saw this to raise your server fps, and im wondering how do i use this i know to put it in my metamod/bin/mmtimer.dll

will this work on windows standard web server 2008?
atom0s
Old 05-17-2010 , 12:52   Re: metamod mmtimer.dll
Reply With Quote #2

You can get an FPS boost plugin here:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39223

Linked on the forum rather then requiring to signup on Interweives site:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...04#post1006604

Drop the folder onto your base directory, it should create a new folder inside your addons folder named 'fpsboost'.

Then you need to add the line in your metamod plugins file. Open addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini in a text editor such as notepad.

You will want to add a line like this:

addons/fpsboost/bin/fpsboost_mm
matt.b
BANNED
Old 05-17-2010 , 13:56   Re: metamod mmtimer.dll
Reply With Quote #3

will i be able to set it to my choosing of fps like ex: 2000 fps, and how will i know if it worked.

i have a office server like to have it at a high fps and how would you know what fps to put each server like bhop?

thanks for the links

Last edited by matt.b; 05-17-2010 at 14:04.
atom0s
Old 05-20-2010 , 15:32   Re: metamod mmtimer.dll
Reply With Quote #4

The plugins I listed above will simply remove the block that causes the servers to limit themselves to 64FPS on Windows machines.

In order for you to obtain anything above 500fps on a Windows machine your host/provider or server system must have some features enabled on it. Unless you specifically are hosting the machine, you do not have access to alter the needed configurations to obtain FPS that high.

If you paid for hosting from a reseller, you will need to discuss upgrading your servers FPS to a higher amount which may cost more.

If you are personally hosting the server, you can view the servers FPS by running it in a console and scrolling to the top. If I recall correctly, the server will not display anything over 500fps even if you have uncapped it to 1k+

You can also see your servers fps, which this should show things above 500, by using 'stats' command on the server.

There is a bios setting that needs to be altered and you may need to install a high-resolution timer patch depending on your OS version. I do not recall the bios setting off hand and I do not have the timer resolution patch on hand.

You should be able to find all the information you need over at:
http://www.srcds.com/
matt.b
BANNED
Old 05-20-2010 , 17:00   Re: metamod mmtimer.dll
Reply With Quote #5

well im using windows standard web server 2008 dedicated server i connect to remotely.

so what should i enable?