Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-24-2016 , 01:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #201

Good catch, thought I missed something, I forgot to reimplement the checks in the thirdperson query checks, its a five minute fix...Thanks
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-24-2016 , 01:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #202

Fixed and updated the post, thanks for the report.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-24-2016 , 14:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #203

Just a quick tip for the lazy if you use thirdpersonshoulder before going afk manually and want the clipping to be fixed just do this...

bind "g" "thirdperson_toggle; go_away_from_keyboard"

alias "thirdperson_on" "firstperson;thirdpersonshoulder;alias thirdperson_toggle thirdperson_off";
alias "thirdperson_off" "firstperson;alias thirdperson_toggle thirdperson_on";
alias "thirdperson_toggle" "thirdperson_on";

this will automatically toggle you back to firstperson before you go afk. I just wish there were a way to do this with sourcemod, damned valve protecting the thirdpersonshoulder convar...curse them.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-24-2016 at 14:15.
P00kster
Old 04-24-2016 , 15:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #204

Tested the latest version of the plugin in L4D1. Following issues occurred:

1) Lots of clipping when you activate double weapons. Weapons stick out in first person view pretty bad. Happened with all characters.

2) Some maps still required you to touch ammo before double weapons activated.

Thanks.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-24-2016 , 15:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #205

was this the version i have been updating, because I would think that the clipping fixes would work for both l4d1 and 2, is there a different thirdpersonshoulder convar for l4d1? Also the activation has been redesigned and automatic now, it has nothing to do with picking anything up anymore.Plus the new system only activated showing equipment in thirdpersonshoulder view.Post #197 is the latest update with all the fixes...let me know if it was that version and i'll look into it...

Edit - I see you said double weapons, don't use that plugin anymore, use mine it's got alot of fixes...plus in the double weapons plugin that guy stripped most of the l4d1 code out, plus I have correctly fixed the weapon scrolling issue...no wonder why your having problems...just try my version and let me know how it goes, i've yet to test it on L4D1 but everything should work fine...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 04-24-2016 at 16:06.
P00kster
Old 04-25-2016 , 00:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
was this the version i have been updating, because I would think that the clipping fixes would work for both l4d1 and 2, is there a different thirdpersonshoulder convar for l4d1? Also the activation has been redesigned and automatic now, it has nothing to do with picking anything up anymore.Plus the new system only activated showing equipment in thirdpersonshoulder view.Post #197 is the latest update with all the fixes...let me know if it was that version and i'll look into it...

Edit - I see you said double weapons, don't use that plugin anymore, use mine it's got alot of fixes...plus in the double weapons plugin that guy stripped most of the l4d1 code out, plus I have correctly fixed the weapon scrolling issue...no wonder why your having problems...just try my version and let me know how it goes, i've yet to test it on L4D1 but everything should work fine...
Sorry, I was using the Multiple Equipments (your latest version) not double weapons. So the clipping and having to click on ammo was happening with ME. Post 197 was the version I was using. And remember that the clipping was happening in first person view.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-25-2016 , 00:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by P00kster View Post
Sorry, I was using the Multiple Equipments (your latest version) not double weapons. So the clipping and having to click on ammo was happening with ME. Post 197 was the version I was using. And remember that the clipping was happening in first person view.
Hmm thats so strange, the way the system works now picking up anything won't activate the system, it activates OnClientPostAdminCheck as well as the thirdperson view, which activates the items and allows you to see them, temporarily you can disable the extra view in the config to remove the clipping problem, as for the activation problem I will have to look into this myself, it'll take me some time because l4d1 isn't installed on my system at the moment, but I will get to the bottom of this...I'm thinking L4D1 doesn't have OnClientPostAdminCheck, but I don't know, i'll figure it out...Thanks for the report.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2016 , 01:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Hmm thats so strange, the way the system works now picking up anything won't activate the system, it activates OnClientPostAdminCheck as well as the thirdperson view, which activates the items and allows you to see them, temporarily you can disable the extra view in the config to remove the clipping problem, as for the activation problem I will have to look into this myself, it'll take me some time because l4d1 isn't installed on my system at the moment, but I will get to the bottom of this...I'm thinking L4D1 doesn't have OnClientPostAdminCheck, but I don't know, i'll figure it out...Thanks for the report.
maybe use sdkhooks to block transmission of the entity when in first person view that would stop the clipping in firstperson view, but only block it for the client that has it on their back dont block the transmission for anybody else

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 04-25-2016 at 04:18. Reason: Mistake :o
Munch
Old 04-25-2016 , 10:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #209

Given the original does not have the clipping issue then it seems to me the only real issue with the original plugin is when the ammo clip is empty you loose both primary weapons. fix that and the plugin would work perfectly. I suppose you could simply make it automatically switch to the other weapon.

The problem with spawning in the next safe room and you having to touch the ammo pile to get your multiple weapons to work is not really an issue at all as pretty much every safe room has an ammo pile and surely you would want to reload and restock at every opportunity in any case.

Last edited by Munch; 04-25-2016 at 10:20.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 04-25-2016 , 11:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
maybe use sdkhooks to block transmission of the entity when in first person view that would stop the clipping in firstperson view, but only block it for the client that has it on their back dont block the transmission for anybody else
This is exactly what i'm working on now...