Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

"SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed

Post New Thread Reply   

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2015 , 18:55   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #51

I take it that I don't have the latest version, I don't see that there.. I shall update soon!
_AeonOne_
Old 03-09-2015 , 19:11   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Could you add the possibility of use two columns for the same file? So you could edit two parts of the same file without having to scroll up and down.
This possibility is already given. Just drag a Tabitem down. ;)
BAILANDO
Old 03-09-2015 , 19:19   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #53

Hello, how can i use this SourcePawn editor and where this is installed? I have VS 2013 Ultimate with license and i dont know how to use this. Can someone help me with installing? Very Thanks
BAILANDO
Old 03-09-2015 , 19:24   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #54

Already found install location directory. Works
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2015 , 19:50   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #55

This seems extremely promising-I would totally test this out other than the fact that Windows hasn't really felt like cooperating with me recently.

A bit curious about two points: Is the UI itself customizable in terms of colors? Do you plan on adding auto-updates (maybe this if you decide to)?

Anyway, amazing work, especially on the UI-it looks soooo nice. Your release speed is also pretty fast ;).
Old 03-09-2015 , 20:12   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #56

I need to ask you, why program stop working if i compile it, say some error and after correcting error and compile again it stop working, or sometimes i write a code, then press F5 and again stop working, in PawnStudio compile without error. Thanks to help
_AeonOne_
Old 03-09-2015 , 22:36   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
A bit curious about two points: Is the UI itself customizable in terms of colors? Do you plan on adding auto-updates (maybe this if you decide to)?

Anyway, amazing work, especially on the UI-it looks soooo nice. Your release speed is also pretty fast ;).
1st: well, it was planed but canceled. I experimented a bit but the avalondock (used for docking the editors in the window) is sadly not very friendly with different themes.. So likely no, not in the next time (perhaps a night mode, we'll see).

2nd: i would, but I don't have a server to store and provides the updates with :/

and thanks ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILANDO
I need to ask you, why program stop working if i compile it, say some error and after correcting error and compile again it stop working, or sometimes i write a code, then press F5 and again stop working, in PawnStudio compile without error. Thanks to help
Can you be a little bit more specific? Does the editor crash when you press F5? Does the menu compile, what a system do ou have. Did you changed something. On which config you are running?
You are the first to observe that behaviour.

EDIT:
Ahh i found an Error in the compile routines. The editor would crash, if you have something selected in the error window and recompile the script. The fix will be available in the next rollout.

Last edited by _AeonOne_; 03-09-2015 at 23:04.
urban_ninja
Old 03-10-2015 , 04:08   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #58

I'm not particularly fond of being forced to install beta 4 via installer. It gave no option for custom install path nor did it display its hardcoded install path so I have no clue where it put the thing. The only .zip releases are the for the source code.

EDIT: Okay, it does show the path when its extracting but the extraction time is less than a second. Too fast to read. I could only make out that its somewhere on partition C. Still don't know where it installed.

Last edited by urban_ninja; 03-10-2015 at 04:23.
Impact123
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2015 , 04:09   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AeonOne_ View Post
i would, but I don't have a server to store and provides the updates with :/
Well, you have a few options there.
  • Github, of course
  • Openshift
  • Bintray?
  • Google drive
  • Dropbox
The best you can do, if you have the knowledge, is to get a vps for around $5, but I'm not sure if you're willing to spend money on this project.
If you can make this easily compilable on a linux machine, which you should if you can, then I can, at least for the time being, provide you a continuous build and artifact hosting for it.
The better way though, because you don't have to depend on anyone, would be to use travis-ci (AppVeyor?) and upload the artifact to one of the sites i mentioned. Openshift might be best solution in this case.
Let me know if you're interested, need more information, or simply help with it.

To add to what urban_ninja said. I don't want to use an installer myself if i can avoid it, please provide a portable version.

Last edited by Impact123; 03-10-2015 at 04:23.
BAILANDO
Old 03-10-2015 , 05:01   Re: "SPEdit" - A Sourcepawn Editor - Betatester needed
Reply With Quote #60

For example program crash, if i press F5, compiler say error in code and if i press f5 again, program closed.

http://ctrlv.cz/PCzH