Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)

Post New Thread Reply   

September
Old 09-22-2021 , 11:02   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotGay View Post
FIX

"csgo"
{
"Offsets"
{
"Weapon_ShootPosition"
{
"linux" "291"
}
}
}
He has windows os
Send a message via Skype™ to September
Jplays
Old 09-22-2021 , 11:12   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #102

Here you have the the gamedata fixed. just move this folder to addons/sourcemod/gamedata after having the plugin uploaded and also dhooks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dhooks.weapon_shootposition.txt (1.0 KB, 321 views)
Old 09-22-2021 , 12:02   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jplays View Post
Here you have the the gamedata fixed. just move this folder to addons/sourcemod/gamedata after having the plugin uploaded and also dhooks.
This still crashes for me. Both Windows and Linux. Dhooks - 2.2.0-detours17

Edit: There is a conflict with AntiDLL and the gamedata above is incorrect for CSGO

These work for Windows and Linux.

"csgo"
{
"Offsets"
{
"Weapon_ShootPosition"
{
"windows" "290"
"linux" "291"
"mac" "291"
}
}
}

Last edited by pedrotski; 09-22-2021 at 14:56.
Smesh
Old 04-18-2022 , 03:46   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #104

Good plugin, makes good feels use it.
Krevik
Old 04-18-2022 , 05:08   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #105

Remember not to use this plugin with l4d2 - it breaks physics therefore tank hittables are flying totally random
Shao
Old 04-20-2022 , 17:12   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krevik View Post
Remember not to use this plugin with l4d2 - it breaks physics therefore tank hittables are flying totally random
I've used this plugin for quite a while and never saw such. Could you be a bit more specific? Is it with player tanks? Or do bots also break, what does it look like when it 'breaks'.
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2022 , 21:25   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krevik View Post
Because in l4d2, you have to check if attacker is survivor.
PHP Code:
public MRESReturn Weapon_ShootPosition_Post(int clientHandle hReturn)
{
    if (
IsSurvivor(client)) 
    {

// At this point we always want to use our old origin.

DHookSetReturnVector(hReturng_vecOldWeaponShootPos[client]);
        return 
MRES_Supercede;
    }
    return 
MRES_Ignored;
}

public 
bool IsSurvivor(client)
{
    return 
client && client <= MaxClients && IsClientInGame(client) && GetClientTeam(client) == 2;

firebulletsfix for L4D1&2 --> click me to download

Last edited by HarryPotter; 09-05-2023 at 18:56.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 05-04-2022 , 10:40   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #108

Sorry for the pull requests that have been waiting, I didn't had any email notifications for it.

For any issues as above, feel free to make others pull requests on github, I'll accept them.
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-04-2022 , 11:35   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xutax_Kamay View Post
Sorry for the pull requests that have been waiting, I didn't had any email notifications for it.

For any issues as above, feel free to make others pull requests on github, I'll accept them.
I just have one doubt. Should this fix apply to all game modes, or just surfing?

In case I have some servers running competitive, retake and DM, would it be interesting to apply this correction to them, or not?

I don't know if it matters, if it changes something, but it would be for CSGO servers.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 05-04-2022 , 14:35   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
I just have one doubt. Should this fix apply to all game modes, or just surfing?

In case I have some servers running competitive, retake and DM, would it be interesting to apply this correction to them, or not?

I don't know if it matters, if it changes something, but it would be for CSGO servers.
All Valve games including game modes yes, at least that is somehow firing a weapon.
The slower you get or/and the more tickrate is higher, the less relevant the fix is.
If you are running for example at 250 units/s and tickrate is 64 you'll get everytime a displacement of 250*(1/64) = 3.90625 units every ticks.

I suggest to use it everywhere, it can only make things better, if it does not break physics (For developers: that is weird cause it shouldn't interact this way, but a possible fix would be to check the return address and see if it's equal to FX_FireBullets cause it might mess with something else I guess) like the posts above.

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 05-04-2022 at 14:37.