Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack

Post New Thread Reply   

Sunny C.
Old 07-02-2023 , 03:41   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #251

Hey

I cant compile

Code:
//// AQS.sma
//
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(2910) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(2949) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(3166) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(3216) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(3359) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(4717) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(4748) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(4899) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(4931) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
// D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\AQS.sma(5847) : error 088: number of arguments does not match definition
//
// 10 Errors.
// Could not locate output file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting\compiled\AQS.amx (compile failed).
//
// Compilation Time: 0,8 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 07-02-2023 , 08:18   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny C. View Post
I cant compile
Fixed.
Old 07-03-2023 , 06:41   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #253

Excellent, it works.

You seem to be very proficient in this regard, but I don't want to waste your time.
Is it possible for you at some point to get this plugin running properly?
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=102046

It works with a few exceptions:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...24#post2806724

Best regards

Last edited by Sunny C.; 07-03-2023 at 06:42.
rUsHnUt
Old 07-08-2023 , 12:32   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #254

Would it be possible to implement the ability to choose a color for each HUD message (category)?

I would like to have, for example:
- firstblood in purple
- hattrick in green
- flawless victory T/CT in red/blue
- killstreak in yellow
- payback in orange

Now it's either 1 color for all messages or full random.

At the moment I use this plugin only for payback as this is not present in the quakesounds plugin of hleV.
With that plugin I'm able to change HUD color for each message separately, hence why I use it for all the rest besides payback, instead of only this one.

Thanks in advance.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 07-08-2023 , 19:13   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUsHnUt View Post
Would it be possible to implement the ability to choose a color for each HUD message (category)?
Good catch! I'll add this into the next release.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 07-08-2023 at 19:14.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
dummy00000
Old 08-21-2023 , 23:02   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #256

The plugin didn't support Opposing Force DM.
CARBONXXX
Old 09-25-2023 , 10:06   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #257

I've decided to try AQS on Half-Life, and not all sounds are working properly, the only sound i heard so far is the "Suicide" event sound, when you kill someone with a grenade. So far i didn't had any issues on the TFC side.
Send a message via Skype™ to CARBONXXX
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 11-24-2023 , 19:31   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUsHnUt View Post

I would like to have, for example:
- firstblood in purple
- hattrick in green
- flawless victory T/CT in red/blue
- killstreak in yellow
- payback in orange

Now it's either 1 color for all messages or full random.

At the moment I use this plugin only for payback as this is not present in the quakesounds plugin of hleV.
With that plugin I'm able to change HUD color for each message separately, hence why I use it for all the rest besides payback, instead of only this one.

Thanks in advance.
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARBONXXX View Post
I've decided to try AQS on Half-Life, and not all sounds are working properly, the only sound i heard so far is the "Suicide" event sound, when you kill someone with a grenade. So far i didn't had any issues on the TFC side.
Tried it now, working.
Old 11-25-2023 , 19:42   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #259

It's triggering the HS event sound, while player wasn't killed by HS at all.
It happens a lot
rUsHnUt
Old 11-26-2023 , 11:05   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #260

for implementing my suggestion!

A couple of questions stll remain:

1) I see that firstblood triggers the same event as grenade, knife, teamkill, ...
What if the first kill is any of the possible kill methods from that same category?
In other words; If the first kill is made by knife/grenade, will both hud messages not overlap eachother since they share the same Y_POS?
Even triple if that is a teamkill...
Sorry if there is a delay function when more than 1 hudmsg is triggered & it's in "AQS.sma". I haven't delved too deep into the sourcecode ( yet ).
Nonetheless I still think firstblood needs to have a seperate category as a grenade kill is not very uncommon as the first frag ( think about maps like fy_pool_day for example ).
It's ok if you wanna leave it this way though.

2) By default the hudmsg of headshot is left empty. Does it also fall into the QS_EVENT category when enabled?
If yes, a firstblood headshot by a knife that is a teamkill ( very unlikely but still possible ) will trigger quadruple hudmsg .
Again, no problem if there's a delay.

3) Can you split the flawless victory hudmsg colors into 2 parts? Now you can only set 1 color for both teams.
Being able to set ( for example ) blue for CT & red for T victory is a feature that lots of users will actualy want/use.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rUsHnUt; 11-26-2023 at 11:09.