Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib

Post New Thread Reply   

luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2016 , 18:58   [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #1

Is there a way to force player ragdolls to gib without creating another ragdoll?

Also, no weapon attributes because I dont want every single ragdoll to gib.

Last edited by luki1412; 10-30-2016 at 18:59.
Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2016 , 05:45   Re: [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #2

If you are familiar with DHooks you can hook the function CTFPlayer::ShouldGib on players.

If you aren't familiar with it I made the hook for you anyway:
Code:
void SDK_Init() {     int iOffset = GameConfGetOffset(hGamedata, "CTFPlayer::ShouldGib");     g_hSDKShouldGib = DHookCreate(iOffset, HookType_Entity, ReturnType_Bool, ThisPointer_CBaseEntity, CTFPlayer_ShouldGib);     DHookAddParam(g_hSDKShouldGib, HookParamType_Unknown);//This is the param CTakeDamageInfo const& but we don't wanna mess with it     if (g_hSDKShouldGib == INVALID_HANDLE)     {         SetFailState("Failed to create hook CTFPlayer::ShouldGib offset from YOUR gamedata!");     } } public MRESReturn CTFPlayer_ShouldGib(int iClient, Handle hReturn, Handle hParams) {     if (IsClientSomethingIcheckInMyPlugin(iClient))     {         if (GetClientTeam(iClient) == 2)         {             DHookSetReturn(hReturn, true);//override the function return, and force the player to gib             return MRES_Supercede;         }         else         {             DHookSetReturn(hReturn, false);//override the function return, and don't allow the player to gib             return MRES_Supercede;         }     }     return MRES_Ignored;//Leave the original function chose the return }
I didn't test it but it should work.

Last edited by Benoist3012; 10-31-2016 at 05:45.
luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2016 , 12:27   Re: [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
If you are familiar with DHooks you can hook the function CTFPlayer::ShouldGib on players.

If you aren't familiar with it I made the hook for you anyway:
Code:
void SDK_Init() {     int iOffset = GameConfGetOffset(hGamedata, "CTFPlayer::ShouldGib");     g_hSDKShouldGib = DHookCreate(iOffset, HookType_Entity, ReturnType_Bool, ThisPointer_CBaseEntity, CTFPlayer_ShouldGib);     DHookAddParam(g_hSDKShouldGib, HookParamType_Unknown);//This is the param CTakeDamageInfo const& but we don't wanna mess with it     if (g_hSDKShouldGib == INVALID_HANDLE)     {         SetFailState("Failed to create hook CTFPlayer::ShouldGib offset from YOUR gamedata!");     } } public MRESReturn CTFPlayer_ShouldGib(int iClient, Handle hReturn, Handle hParams) {     if (IsClientSomethingIcheckInMyPlugin(iClient))     {         if (GetClientTeam(iClient) == 2)         {             DHookSetReturn(hReturn, true);//override the function return, and force the player to gib             return MRES_Supercede;         }         else         {             DHookSetReturn(hReturn, false);//override the function return, and don't allow the player to gib             return MRES_Supercede;         }     }     return MRES_Ignored;//Leave the original function chose the return }
I didn't test it but it should work.
Was hoping I wouldnt need an extension for this. Thank you though. I'll use it if I cant find a better option.
Old 10-31-2016 , 12:59   Re: [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #4

Well you can still hook player_death event, find their tf_ragdoll kill it, and remake one with m_bGib on true
Old 10-31-2016 , 14:30   Re: [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Well you can still hook player_death event, find their tf_ragdoll kill it, and remake one with m_bGib on true
Shame DMG_ALWAYSGIB doesnt work. What if I change m_bGib through OnEntityCreated?
Old 10-31-2016 , 14:40   Re: [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
Shame DMG_ALWAYSGIB doesnt work. What if I change m_bGib through OnEntityCreated?
I think that's too earlier to know the owner of the body, and if you request a frame, I believe it will be too late, the client will have created the ragdoll. But worth a shot.
Old 10-31-2016 , 15:00   Re: [TF2] Force players(their ragdolls) to gib
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
I think that's too earlier to know the owner of the body, and if you request a frame, I believe it will be too late, the client will have created the ragdoll. But worth a shot.
PHP Code:
public void OnEntityCreated(int ent, const char[] classname)
{
    if (
StrEqual(classname"tf_ragdoll"false))
    {

SetEntProp(entProp_Send"m_bGib"1);
    }

Doesnt do anything. Am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT: I'll have to kill ragdolls and create new ones that gib.

Last edited by luki1412; 11-14-2016 at 14:18.