Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-14-2011 , 09:47   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
What's your cvar for sv_region?
Also which server-version are you running?

shivamadda
Old 11-15-2011 , 03:26   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #12

chk it by making server onl9 on www.gametracker.com , if der its shows onl9 den no problem...if error den ur server need sum modification...!!!!
darrin
Old 11-15-2011 , 08:02   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamadda View Post
chk it by making server onl9 on www.gametracker.com , if der its shows onl9 den no problem...if error den ur server need sum modification...!!!!
Steps for making your server get listed by Steam server browser:

1. Set sv_region 255
2. Set masterservers
3. Remove bots
4. Remove fake spectators
5. Call Valve and rage
6. If the above does not work, nuke the server.

Last edited by darrin; 04-10-2014 at 15:16.
xtinct
Old 11-16-2011 , 02:10   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #14

I could call up this from one of my old posts. Many of those have already been suggested above. But you try again those afresh.

Workarounds:

* Open you 'server.cfg' and make sure you have the following things set up correctly.

Quote:
sv_lan 0
sv_region <0-7 or 255> // [Find Correct Values for your region HERE
Make sure you don't have any other instance of these values conflicting. Also If you have Custom Set Master's like the one given below
setmaster add XX.XX.XX.XX
set in your server.cfg then remove them at once.

* Make sure you have your Ports (Behind any Router) forwarded correctly.

Quote:
If you are unsure about that Please Have a Look through this Website having thorough tutorials on setting Port Forward.
www.portforward.com
* If Everything above goes fine till above, start your server and look at the IP Address printed out in Console of HLDS. If it matches the same as your external Ip then Everything should work fine else SKIP to next Step.

Quote:
To know your external IP visit www.whatismyip.com
* Please Check/Double Check whether you don't have any Custom Firewalls Installed on your PC which are preventing HLDS to connect to Internet.

Quote:
If you have any Custom Firewalls then Please Check the Rules and allow HLDS application to connect to internet.
Your Problem might have been Solved till now. However If it isn't then Please try the steps Below:

Preconditions:

* Make Sure you have Latest/ Up Dated HLDS Server. To update your server using HLDSupdatetool I would advice you to look through the following article:

I think this is all and It should solve your problem.

1 crab has been found and delivered my me.
Trxxjeh
Old 11-16-2011 , 05:04   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #15

I have the same problem, could you confirm servers still get added to the masterlist in console?

setmaster current = none
adding them manually doesnt work
it shows the IP of my localhost but its definitly online and playable for others

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/83.119.72.195:27016

sv_lan 0
sv_region 3

Last edited by Trxxjeh; 11-16-2011 at 05:04.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-16-2011 , 10:46   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #16

EDIT: lol, wtf is this? HLSW shows a CS1.6 server running protoloc 17 (i don't even remember how old that could be) but joining the server shows a regular cs.16 server with protocol 48.
Your problem might be that it shows your LAN-IP address as IP. Make sure you start the server with the correct parameters +ip 83.119.72.195 +port 27016 in the start command.

Last edited by Mordekay; 11-16-2011 at 10:51.
Trxxjeh
Old 11-16-2011 , 12:07   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #17

[IMG]http://**************/photo/my-imag[/IMG]when i start the server it shows my localhostip
but i can add and connect to it by the external ip (outsiders too)

adding +ip EXTERNAL doesnt work because it will come up with error couldnt allocate port 27016
now you might thnik thats cause my ports not opened, but thats not possible
cause the server is online and ive tested the port with PFPortChecker
and there are no other devices interfering tried several ports aswell

its weird though that its showing protocol 17? probably something to do with HLSW id imagine
i also tried by just downloading the dedicated from the tools tab in steam but it has the same problem when starting it totally fresh
perhaps you could try this to confirm it?

i am clueless as to what the problem is? some have been telling me now that this is normal and i cant do anything about it but for me thats hard to imagine...especially because the setmaster command shows me that im not currently connected to any master servers, how are they gonna put me on the browser list then?

Pictures:
error: http://**************/photo/my-images/204/pichlds.jpg/

console: http://**************/photo/my-images...esfulload.png/
[IMG]http://**************/photo/my-imag[/IMG]

Last edited by Trxxjeh; 11-16-2011 at 12:20.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-16-2011 , 14:26   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #18

Without the correct IP it is impossible that your servers can be shown in the steam server list. Simply because it uses the IP shown in the status. I've checked a local test server and i ran into the same problem when i add +ip EXTERNALIP to the startline. Seems Valve needs to add better support for Servers behind a router.

Trxxjeh
Old 11-16-2011 , 15:43   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #19

just tried a different router
same problem!
sylar02
Old 11-16-2011 , 18:14   Re: Can't find my server in internet list! (counter strike 1.6)?
Reply With Quote #20

1) set master servers in server.cfg and make sure -no master parameter isnt set. when starting up your server, in console there should be something saying authenticated with steam server.

2) in tray icon, right click steam icon -> settings -> downloads&cloud -> set connection appropriate to your isp connection (default is 256k, which is not enough to get all the servers. then try to find it (dont put filters in your search)
3) ask your friends from different locations to do step 3.
4) visit www.gametiger.net, game-monitor.com, stats4game.net and search your server name. if atleast one of these sites automatically show your server name.
then server is visible, problem is from your side since u are not seeing it.
5) if none of these methods work out, ask your server provider to change ip. valve ocassionally bans your ip if u have bots, dproto running.

ofc, you might not have dproto, but previous ip hold might have done something stupid.

gl