Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server Crash Troubleshooting

Post New Thread Reply   

JOSHBOX
Old 12-30-2010 , 15:40   Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #1

My server has been crashing just about daily since the last update a week and a half ago. I updated my Metamod Source to 1.8.5 official release, and my sourcemod is at 1.3.6 official release. I can't seem to find any connection between any of the crashes either. Do you guys have any tips for diagnosing what the problem may be?
pantsy
Old 12-30-2010 , 16:11   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #2

good to hear i'm not th eonly one, not so much crashing but lagging, it will litterally pause for 2 minutes but go back up, and i'll have the same score
pantsy
Old 12-30-2010 , 17:37   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #3

ug, as much as i hate to do it, i have a dedicated pop on my server, i'm gonna have to switch to mani mod, this is the second time i've had to do it
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2010 , 18:01   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #4

how is switching to mani going to help? I am trying to switch off it to fix my problems.

If you post the dump file I can debug it for you.
Old 12-30-2010 , 20:06   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #5

Our server has also been crashing daily, several times per day. We're on Metamod 1.8.5 and Sourcemod 1.3.6 as well. We had to take Mani off after the Christmas updates, because the moment anyone started recording a demo, the server would crash. We reinstalled on a new server and came up with the same thing, so Mani came off.

I'm down to the point where I'll be doing another fresh install and putting on mods slowly, one at a time, in order to see if one is causing the crash issues. Our server was stable before the Christmas updates, it's a PITA having to figure out what is going on.
pantsy
Old 12-30-2010 , 21:57   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #6

problem is my server company doesn't allow me to collect dump info,

keeps says transfer file error, i'm running on a windows dedicated server, and they have gotten reports that sourcemod has issues running on windows servers, but this has only been since the christmas update,
zeroibis
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2010 , 00:42   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #7

I have been running sm on windows without problems post update. As long as you have all of your game data updated there should be no issues.
Old 12-31-2010 , 02:54   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #8

thats good to hear, but thats what my server company says, i updated the gamedata files using the latest stable release snapshot, as well as trying to restart and get the autoupdate to work, but still, getting random freezes, once every few hours,

Last edited by pantsy; 12-31-2010 at 02:59.
JOSHBOX
Old 12-31-2010 , 18:54   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #9

Ohy mine just crashed again today, it was up for a little over 24 hours. I was in the server when it happened, nothing special was happening, just out of the blue, a round had just started.

Yesterday I had disabled a few plugins, I guess I will enable those and try disabling others?

I also ran a steam update and everything appears up to date.
Boltersdriveer
Old 01-01-2011 , 07:56   Re: Server Crash Troubleshooting
Reply With Quote #10

I haven't had any problems. See if you have any extra plugins running apart from the default SourceMod ones. Or, leave your server on without any mods to see if it occurs. As zeroibis said, post your .dmp 's here and he should be able to help you.