Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

explodestring trouble

Post New Thread Reply   

JOSHBOX
Old 12-01-2010 , 01:14   Re: explodestring trouble
Reply With Quote #11

After many many hours of trial and error today I finally got this method working! Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction. I should be able to finish the rest of my plugin tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the help!
JOSHBOX
Old 12-02-2010 , 13:31   Re: explodestring trouble
Reply With Quote #12

I ran into another problem last night...

I noticed that after my map changes I am doubling my counter, and duplicating all the contents of my enum structure.

I believe this is happening because my enum struct, my line counter, etc are all declared globally, but my ReadKVFile and Precache functions are called on map start. Would it be better to initialize my enum, counter, etc on map start as well? Would those variables be closed at the end of each map?

My goal is to have it read a fresh copy of my KV file into the struct, and recount all of the lines every time the map changes.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I searched but couldn't seem to find a clear answer to this.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2010 , 14:42   Re: explodestring trouble
Reply With Quote #13

In our ZR plugin we reload the entire configuration on each map change. It's reading config files in the OnConfigsExecuted forward. That way the plugin will be compatible with map configs.

On each map change it's rebuilding all arrays. All counters start from zero again. Variables are declared globally, but initialized in the configs executed event.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
JOSHBOX
Old 12-02-2010 , 15:19   Re: explodestring trouble
Reply With Quote #14

If I am precaching sound and adding files to the downloadtable on map start, are those automatically cleared each time the map ends? Is it good practice to reload those each time the map changes?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 12-02-2010 , 15:34   Re: explodestring trouble
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSHBOX View Post
If I am precaching sound and adding files to the downloadtable on map start, are those automatically cleared each time the map ends? Is it good practice to reload those each time the map changes?
Yes. Add to the downloads table and precache every map start.
JOSHBOX
Old 12-03-2010 , 11:44   Re: explodestring trouble
Reply With Quote #16

OK my duplication problem was actually an easy fix. The first thing I did on map start is define my global counter variable to 0 again. Once I do that it just overwrites the pre-existing data from the last time it loaded into the array.

I am happy to say my plugin is now 100% complete. Thank you again to everyone that contributed.