Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2012 , 16:44   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Bug reports go in this thread. My Steam friends list is full or mostly full. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I can't just add you on Steam for something that could easily be sent in a PM here or posted in this thread.

1.39c is in my signature.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 08-22-2012 at 16:45.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-22-2012 , 18:19   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Bug reports go in this thread. My Steam friends list is full or mostly full. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I can't just add you on Steam for something that could easily be sent in a PM here or posted in this thread.

You can increase your Steam friends list size by connecting it to a Facebook account. I actually have a fake Facebook account just to link my Steam account to it.
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-22-2012 , 18:38   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
You can increase your Steam friends list size by connecting it to a Facebook account. I actually have a fake Facebook account just to link my Steam account to it.
I don't think that was the point.
Old 08-22-2012 , 19:16   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I don't think that was the point.
No, but it did address one of the things he mentioned (his friends list getting full).

I probably should have trimmed the post I quoted to just be about his friends list being full.
Old 08-22-2012 , 21:00   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:

Well in any case it is not that I don't want to help, its the fact that I don't want the information to go on def ears. I know Im probably not your most favorite person or anywhere close, but the fact still stands that I don't wish to waste my time and my other admins agree that I shouldn't even try and help at all. The fact though is, if you need help I will, but you need to tell me to.

I may sound like im just looking for you to mention me in a post, which I am, but I don't want to be that person who you just ignore which helps no one.

Also if you really do want me to help you is there any other general information you would like. i.e. logs, configs, etc.

This will be the last time I state this as if you are saying no to me, it is sorta pointless for me to keep posting.

BTW: not asking for you to friend me. I could care less at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BoG View Post
Why waste your time telling me it's a few pages back, and instead actually try to help and post the god damn postlink.
Like the others said why don't you look through. There is not one simple answer to your question, and frankly the point of a forum is so that people can look through those posts at a later time.

Also there is way more content then just a single post, so look through them so you know more about the whole issues and why they are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You're assuming he had the link handy, why should he waste time trying to find the exact information (which is spread over several pages of posts btw, from right after the update) because you're too lazy to, when it you that is asking for help.

I suggest not being hostile to people helping you.
Btw: thanks for being around all the tf2 universe, you have provided a plugin or solution that has helped me and my network multiple time.

This doesn't just go for Asherkin, this goes for all of you wonderful people. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetwistedpanda View Post
FlaminSarge didn't post the plugin, so he doesn't have access to the front page. He should be posting the plugin as a New Plugin whenever he gets an update together with everything necessary, but no ETA on that afaik.
Also I agree with this. Flaminsarge please make a new thread that you can edit the main page. It is getting a little annoying that eggman makes a plugin and then runs leaving no one able to actually "manage" the thread or the plugin.

This should also be applied to FF2.

Eggman please please stop making plugins unless you really intend on working on them.

Last edited by MUN; 08-22-2012 at 21:18.
nergal
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2012 , 23:04   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

off topic, but any ideas on making the sapper more useful on hale? maybe have a secondary type weapon replace it?
Old 08-23-2012 , 00:44   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergal View Post
off topic, but any ideas on making the sapper more useful on hale? maybe have a secondary type weapon replace it?
IMO spys are already way to powerful with a deadringer. So I don't think they need another weapon to harm hale.
Old 08-23-2012 , 05:12   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

1) I've already linked to Facebook. Not helping.
2) I'm probably going to reverse the Spy cloaking behavior. The Dead Ringer will allow a Spy to fake a death but will not allow him to sustain another hit while cloaked, while the other cloak will allow him to sustain 2 hits (and then die on the third, or maybe second) but won't let him fake a death. Sorta like a shield.
3) Sapping Hale. Yes. Or I'll give the Spy a tranq gun or something. I don't know.
4) Anybody that wants to help can help test. 1.39c SHOULD be stable, and if it's not I want to know why. However, I'm working on updates so I really can't test old versions (as my changes may or may not make the bugs obsolete).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Mike_BoG
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-23-2012 , 10:15   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

What's all the stockmodels stuff, I downloaded the cbs_v3 skin and all that and uploaded the newest plugin from your signature, what else do I have to do?

And why does regular sniper only have one arrow and cant pick up any ammo? Using latest release.

Last edited by Mike_BoG; 08-23-2012 at 10:20.
MUN
Old 08-24-2012 , 00:02   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
1) I've already linked to Facebook. Not helping.
2) I'm probably going to reverse the Spy cloaking behavior. The Dead Ringer will allow a Spy to fake a death but will not allow him to sustain another hit while cloaked, while the other cloak will allow him to sustain 2 hits (and then die on the third, or maybe second) but won't let him fake a death. Sorta like a shield.
3) Sapping Hale. Yes. Or I'll give the Spy a tranq gun or something. I don't know.
4) Anybody that wants to help can help test. 1.39c SHOULD be stable, and if it's not I want to know why. However, I'm working on updates so I really can't test old versions (as my changes may or may not make the bugs obsolete).
For #2 I find that spys are a major annoyance. The watches especially considering that most of the spys with watches just cloak and run and actually never do major or any damage. They are IMO more annoying then dead ringers. If anything the spy might need a nerf.