Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!

Post New Thread Reply   

zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2017 , 05:39   Re: [ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanapu View Post
Any proofs for the bans?

Whitelist for server owners?

Any reason why you now use the old syntax after all your other plugins use the Transitional Syntax?
Also the coding style totally differs from your other work.

And turkish kick/log messages are bad. Also the Reasons at ban list in turkish language are not cool.

You should get rid of the useless spaces at end of a line.

and what is the different/benefit like sneak asked you?

Also how about working together with SCBL instead tinker/copy your own (turkish) banlist? People won't use several different banlists on their server.

edit:
I knew you liked to copy stuff, but I didn't think you were so shameless.
I don't like this concept at all, same with SourceCBL.

In my opinion we should have a website where the community owner has to register to generate an API key.
Using the API key everyone can add bans themselves where the Community is assigned to the ban.
Via the website you can white-/blacklist banlists of other communities you trust.

And those are just my basic thoughts about something like this, but there are enough reasons to not use this anyway.
Old 09-23-2017 , 05:57   Re: [ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!
Reply With Quote #12

So... players, who use simple, modified "materials, textures" to change walls transparent or models to bright solid color
in not sv_pure 2 servers, are also cheaters and banned "globally"?
That's more server admin fault to allow players to use custom content. Even VAC understand it.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-23-2017 , 08:47   Re: [ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipcore View Post

In my opinion we should have a website where the community owner has to register to generate an API key.
Using the API key everyone can add bans themselves where the Community is assigned to the ban.
Via the website you can white-/blacklist banlists of other communities you trust.

And those are just my basic thoughts about something like this, but there are enough reasons to not use this anyway.
I liked your idea. As I said, only a project To improve myself and get rid of those who cheat.
Old 09-23-2017 , 18:37   Re: [ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:

So you're talking about a more accessible version of SteamRep that'll just lead to people being banned from one community for some bullshit reason, which will in turn ban them from any other communities that use the system?

That's the entire issue with things like MCBans for Minecraft, or SteamRep or SourceCBL. Having it where getting booted from one place boots you from hundreds is stupid. I was falsely tagged as a scammer on SteamRep ages ago by a corrupt TF2Outpost admin. Because of that label, I ended up getting kicked and/or banned from many communities that used the SteamRep plugin. In the end I got the tag removed after an appeal.

These type of systems, while a good idea, are at the same time a huge crock of shit.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-23-2017 at 18:51.
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2017 , 00:26   Re: [ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UserNotFound View Post
So you're talking about a more accessible version of SteamRep that'll just lead to people being banned from one community for some bullshit reason, which will in turn ban them from any other communities that use the system?

That's the entire issue with things like MCBans for Minecraft, or SteamRep or SourceCBL. Having it where getting booted from one place boots you from hundreds is stupid. I was falsely tagged as a scammer on SteamRep ages ago by a corrupt TF2Outpost admin. Because of that label, I ended up getting kicked and/or banned from many communities that used the SteamRep plugin. In the end I got the tag removed after an appeal.

These type of systems, while a good idea, are at the same time a huge crock of shit.
Thats why you should be able to select only sourced you trust yourself:

Quote:
Old 09-27-2017 , 01:57   Re: [ANY / CSGO] Community Server Bans - No cheaters anymore!
Reply With Quote #16

Actually I've just realized that this is not only similar to SteamRep, but also to Rep.tf which IIRC also has a plugin here on the forums.

EDIT: what the fuck did they do to the unicode emojis? the maple leaf one looks fucken weird now

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-27-2017 at 01:58.