Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Help

Post New Thread Reply   

Sabz
Old 05-08-2018 , 15:13   Help
Reply With Quote #1

I know this might be a very simple and noobish question but in all these years playing CS 1.6, I have never had this issue so never had to look into it. So, one of the admins on the server that I always play on has been abusing his admin powers and everyone knows it, but that is not the issue. the other night he did some sort of a ddos attack on my network, I think. all of a sudden, I had no control on my mouse anymore, I was jumping all over around and switching guns and I could not do anything about it for about 30 seconds. He did that 2 times in a row, I found some stuff online about it but there is no mention of how to stop it or what to do about it anywhere...

I am not a programmer or coder or anything in that sort, I was wondering if anyone knows what he did and if there is anything I can do about it so it wont happen to me again in the future. Also, if there is a thread out there about this and I should be readying that instead, I would appreciate the link as well so I wouldn't take up anyone's time too much.
Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Some Guy Yellin'
Old 05-08-2018 , 15:43   Re: Help
Reply With Quote #2

First, it wasn't any kind of network attack.

Second, it seems to be a plugin. The question is: how he uploaded it?

Last edited by Neeeeeeeeeel.-; 05-08-2018 at 15:44.
Send a message via Skype™ to Neeeeeeeeeel.-
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-08-2018 , 15:46   Re: Help
Reply With Quote #3

Are you sure that your server is steam only? Chronic has made a Control Player plugin but no longer works and it's on trash. If you have full access to the game files, outprint plugins.ini so we can see what he's using to do that.
Old 05-08-2018 , 17:21   Re: Help
Reply With Quote #4

Unfortunately I don't have access to any files, since I'm not an admin but after looking around a bit I found the plug-in that he must have used online. Here is the link to the website that I think you can download it from but the description on the top is exactly what he did to me minus the CD opening and closing since I don't have a CD drive.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/archiv...p/t-44489.html
WhiteFang1319
Old 05-09-2018 , 03:49   Re: Help
Reply With Quote #5

I think you should:
1) Contact the server of the owner. That's the best way.
2) Use cl_filterstuffcmd 1 command in console that'll block slow hacks..
3) If these 2 don't work maybe try a guard for CS
arnalll
Old 05-09-2018 , 14:18   Re: Help
Reply With Quote #6

cl_fileterstuffcmd is useless since an exploit exist .. i think he is using a plugin using some of those exploit, old plugin from chronic is not working anymore dont search this way... just be admin only cause i think no one will fix this even in rehlds release