Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Requesting Please High score plugin w/ini file

Post New Thread Reply   

@omik][Fusion
Old 01-27-2006 , 03:24   Requesting Please High score plugin w/ini file
Reply With Quote #1

Ok people...I am requesting a plugin from anyone who can do it. I dont need karma so if you can make these plugs for me, ill give u all the karma i can give. I want two plugs, and they should be easy for the experienced amxx coder not myself.

I want a MAP high score plugin. Very simple. It logs the map and the persons name, steamid, and frag count to an ini in the configs directory. mapscore.ini. While the map is running, a hud message will show every two minutes or so stating ""Playername" has a high score of 68 frags on this map...Try to beat it!!". Then when it is broken, a hud message will appear stating ""Playername" has just broken "Playername's" high score!!". If u can work out the details about showing the new high score after it has been broken WHILE the map is still on, i would appreciate it. I only want the single highest score of the map.

If anyone can make this, i would appreciate it. Something like this is out of my current coding skills.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 01-27-2006 , 09:19  
Reply With Quote #2

Update the subject of your thread to be more descriptive or this thread may be trashed.
Sandurr
Old 01-27-2006 , 09:49  
Reply With Quote #3

3rd plugin makes no sense, what if you have to bomb, move to the plant point but gotta move on because the enemys are reaching you, then go to the other and while planting you have to stop because you are under attack and have to hide away from the enemy, and die
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2006 , 11:55  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
A player is given 1 credit for each successful bomb PLANT AND EXPLOSION.
Even if bomb explode after round end? (e.g. 1vs1, T killed CT, round end and then explosion)
@omik][Fusion
Old 01-27-2006 , 16:30  
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
3rd plugin makes no sense, what if you have to bomb, move to the plant point but gotta move on because the enemys are reaching you, then go to the other and while planting you have to stop because you are under attack and have to hide away from the enemy, and die
Thats y u have teammates. If ur teammates cant give u cover fire....there worthless. The whole point behind a bomb map is to get to the bombsite, provide cover for the bomber while he plants....makes perfect sense. The plugin is meant for those stupid kill mongers who run around the dam map trying to get kills with the bomb strapped to his back...now that doesnt make sense...real life bombers are smarter. I know its a game...but people who dont play by the premises of the game just spoil it.....like stat whores.

Quote:
Quote:
A player is given 1 credit for each successful bomb PLANT AND EXPLOSION.
Quote:
Even if bomb explosed after round end? (e.g. 1vs1, T killed CT, round end and then explosion)
Then the terrorist would have done his job on the map. If its one t versus one ct and the t kills...of course the round is over. But if the ct kills then he still has to defuse the bomb. I would think that was self explanatory "PLANT AND EXPLOSION". Of course the bomb wont go off if all the cts are dead.....duh. That plugin is to rid the game of stat whores and kill mongers...Im tired of slaying people cuz they go to one site...no enemies "Oh i want to kill someone, I'll check the next site" goes to the next bombsite and still no enemies, then decides to run around the map looking for kills. The bomb is there for a reason, not a fashion statement. Play by the premises of the map and im sure it will be a better experience for everyone.
@omik][Fusion
Old 01-27-2006 , 16:33  
Reply With Quote #6

To brad...I hope that was descriptive enough...if not let me know.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2006 , 05:21  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
I would think that was self explanatory "PLANT AND EXPLOSION".
Technically there are two different events:
bomb explosion before end of the round and bomb explosion after end of the round. That's why i asked.
@omik][Fusion
Old 01-28-2006 , 05:58  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN
Quote:
I would think that was self explanatory "PLANT AND EXPLOSION".
Technically there are two different events:
bomb explosion before end of the round and bomb explosion after end of the round. That's why i asked.
Yes....your right. But lets look at those two events. Being world triggered events, the bomb exploding while cts are still alive is a bomb triggered round end. The bomb exploding after the terrorists have killed all the cts is just that, the bomb exploding. When the terrorists trigger a round end by killing all the cts...the bomb is already canceled out, in a sense, since it was not the bomb but the terrorists that triggered the round end. It just so happens that there is that delay of time from a round end to a round start. In that delay of time, the bomb timer is still going, obviously. What I want from the plugin is for a bomb triggered round end to be counted, not the bomb exploding period...thats y i said "PLANT AND EXPLOSION" meaning a bomb round end.
VEN
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2006 , 06:49  
Reply With Quote #9

Following your logic you probably also might want cancel +3 planter's fargs for every 'non-counted' bomb explosion.

EDIT:

Maybe even entirely cancel bomb after end of the round...
@omik][Fusion
Old 01-28-2006 , 18:44  
Reply With Quote #10

Well...yes and no...I obviously forgot to state that this is for a cz server, so that was my fault. In cz, there are no +3 frag counts for defusing or having the bomb explode, at least not from what I've seen so far. Like I said, these are out of my current coding skills, and I know that the coder would have to capture the bomb explosion round end, not just the bomb explosion, then store that in an array and so on. In that case the bomb wouldnt have to be canceled out. If the bomb explodes AFTER the terrorists have killed all the cts, then the round end trigger can be compared to whether it is a bomb trigger or team trigger. If its not a bomb trigger, then no count. Hope that explains that plugin a bit more.