Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.33 4/14/2015

Post New Thread Reply   

Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-24-2015 , 20:44   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2015
Reply With Quote #1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGoerge View Post
Ahhh I think I just found out why, I was calling the priority function as well as the as the immunity function for a player death swap check.

I just tested it on myself, and the admin and engie functioning was working.

I also fixed cases where the force balance timer wasnt getting cancelled, and it would run force balance if a new unbalance happens.
Alright will give the new one a try
Old 02-24-2015 , 23:21   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2015
Reply With Quote #1402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Alright will give the new one a try
Thanks for the feedbacks by the way. If you want too, you can compile the plugin with #define DEBUG and it will enable all the debug messages i put in and could help you show what the plugin is up to when you see it misbehave and could help me more.

I HOPE THO THIS LAST FIX squished all the last bugs.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-25-2015 , 08:08   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2015
Reply With Quote #1403

Quote:
Thanks for the feedbacks by the way. If you want too, you can compile the plugin with #define DEBUG and it will enable all the debug messages i put in and could help you show what the plugin is up to when you see it misbehave and could help me more.

I HOPE THO THIS LAST FIX squished all the last bugs.
Hopefully today will show if it fixed it, but you know how it is sometimes it takes days for people to report something is broken.
Old 02-25-2015 , 08:29   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1404

I think I need to add more print messages so people understand tho what it's doing better, like when a force function is called, so ppl know that immunity might not protect them. This was a request from a server that often had 32/32 players all donator that I made the force balance function behave this way. But its stiff def possible to leave things so that donors never get touched

Last edited by BrutalGoerge; 02-25-2015 at 08:30.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-25-2015 , 10:20   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1405

Quote:
I think I need to add more print messages so people understand tho what it's doing better, like when a force function is called, so ppl know that immunity might not protect them. This was a request from a server that often had 32/32 players all donator that I made the force balance function behave this way. But its stiff def possible to leave things so that donors never get touched
Would it be spammy? I've already explained how that works to my people but it may still be helpful for when it happens.
Old 02-25-2015 , 22:10   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1406

Not spammy, the force function usually isn't ran that often, and I would hard code the check function only to broadcast a message once every 10 minutes
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2015 , 10:56   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1407

Kinda off-topic, but the date in the title is wrong, we are still in 2015
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2015 , 11:53   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1408

As long as you're updating again, I have a few feature requests.
  • Disable the Valve scramble system if its on. Do this in OnConfigsExecuted by setting sv_vote_issue_scramble_teams_allowed to 0.
  • Make StartScrambleDelay fire the teamplay_alert event, like this:
    PHP Code:
        new Handle:event CreateEvent("teamplay_alert");

SetEventInt(event"alert_type"0);

FireEvent(event); 
    0 is the scramble alert... although Valve hasn't actually coded any other alert messages for this event (its arena counterpart has several though), so any value passed to "alert_type" works.
  • Implement NativeVotes as an option for the voting system.

Unlike the previous things, this is not necessarily a simple change.

I actually made all of these modifications to GScramble 3.1.20... a good diff program could tell you where the changes were made.

Unfortunately, overriding Scramble in the vote menu was called off after NativeVotes lost that ability. Although I'm working on bringing vote overrides back.
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2015 , 12:38   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
Kinda off-topic, but the date in the title is wrong, we are still in 2015
no, it's right. This is a version from the future.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-26-2015 , 13:58   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.25 2/13/2016
Reply With Quote #1410

O snap ive been outed as a time traveler d: