Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Bug Report SourceBans - mysqli_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 04-11-2016 , 00:53   SourceBans - mysqli_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed
Reply With Quote #1

Trying to install SourceBans again after upgrading my VPS from Ubuntu 12.04 to 15.10 and I'm getting three errors after finishing the first step (filling out database info):

Any clues on how to fix this?

Had to post an image instead of the text because Cloudflare kept telling me I was "blocked" from viewing the site every time I tried to submit a new thread with the text.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 08-20-2016 at 18:49.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-11-2016 , 09:07   Re: SourceBans - mysqli_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Any clues on how to fix this?
Typical DNS resolution error.

Check your /etc/resolv.conf and make sure they match the DNS servers that your provider gave you.

If they are matching, check if they work for you, if they don't, then tell your ISP to fix their DNS resolvers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
Had to post an image instead of the text because Cloudflare kept telling me I was "blocked" from viewing the site every time I tried to submit a new thread with the text.
At least post secure (https://) images when doing that! :-(

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2016 , 19:30   Re: SourceBans - mysqli_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed
Reply With Quote #3

Does the website hosting sit on the same machine as the mysql server?

What are you entering as your hostname?

Do you require to allow remote host access to the mysql server?
Old 04-12-2016 , 19:17   Re: SourceBans - mysqli_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed
Reply With Quote #4

Solved the issue. Seems my etc/resolv.conf file had "nameserver 127.0.0.1" and a 2nd "nameserver" entry in it and it was causing a loop around when you would try to ping a site such as Google.

With some help from a guy named Balon from Tangoservers.net who added me on Steam, the issue has been resolved and all is working. All we did was removed that 127.0.0.1 nameserver line, did "service networking restart" and everything is fine.

Just one of those weird errors that pops up randomly and nobody seems to know the true fix for.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 04-12-2016 at 19:19.