Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05-09)

Post New Thread Reply   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2014 , 23:32   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGone View Post
This is only related to the NPC. The reason is that the entcontrol-npc are only modified hostages. In combination with bots, this might crash the server. But itīs not possible for me to fix this issue.
You can reproduce this CS:S bug easily: Just spawn many hostages and then spawn bots
So this is a CSS issue and probably not a TF2 issue?
LeGone
Old 05-14-2014 , 05:27   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #462

Only CS:S and only if you spawn NPC
zipcore
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2014 , 23:57   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #463

v1.8 on csgo
Code:
file "entcontrol.ext.so": libtier0_srv.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I hope you can fix this
Old 07-24-2014 , 19:44   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #464

is this fixed for csgo ?
Old 08-21-2014 , 13:44   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #465

this plugin now crases NO MORE ROOM IN HELL

now doesnt work with newest NMRIH update 1.08
ThePunkyRabbid
Old 09-05-2014 , 14:28   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #466

The plugin seems to not work properly. I can still grab check some sm commands for that but !entcontrol_menu and either sm_entcontrol_menu it all ends on unknown command and when used with rcon it shows insufficient permissions. Any suggestions?
Spirrwell
Old 09-27-2014 , 18:47   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #467

Sorry for the bump, but...

I recommend that if you can't get the plugin to work properly, that you try to compile it yourself. I had to do that despite the fact that it boasts you don't need to compile it yourself.

Also, if you're having an issue with it crashing the server when attempting to spawn props, in the spawn.sp, you need to edit it. It crashes on PrecacheModel. I'm not sure what happened, as it used to work fine for me, I don't know if kv is supposed to be defined in another file somewhere, no idea, but from what I can tell, the handle for acquiring KeyValues is invalid or non-existant.

So in order to fix it, just before it says decl String:sectionName[32]; (about line 46, I edited mine, so I'm esimating) and add in the lines:

PHP Code:
new Handle:kv CreateKeyValues("EntControl");
FileToKeyValues(kv"addons/sourcemod/configs/entcontrol.cfg"); 
Then jump down to where it says

PrintHintText(client, "%t", "Spawned", name); (about line 122)

and add in:

PHP Code:
CloseHandle(kv); 
Somewhere around there, I just added it at the end of the entire if statement.

The kv handle seems to be created in entcontrol.sp, and technically you should probably use that, but I haven't looked into why it might have a problem. But if you're content with creating a new handle from inside spawn.sp, well, you might want to rename the handle to avoid conflict, however due to the nature of scopes (at least from my knowledge of C++), it should work on the local kv handle first, it will just throw you a warning.

Edit: Upon further investigation, if you instead do a KvRewind(kv); at the start of the if statement or something, it works fine. So, somewhere in the code, a KvRewind is missing.

Last edited by Spirrwell; 09-27-2014 at 19:19.
LeGone
Old 09-30-2014 , 14:25   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #468

Wow, this plugin is still not dead?
Iīm going to take a look on these problems
LeGone
Old 10-04-2014 , 15:47   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #469

About CSGO:
I got bad news on this ... itīs currently not possible to - easily - compile EntControl against the newest hl2sdk-csgo. So far you must continue without using the extension. The plugin still works without the extension. Just a few things wonīt. Like "Extract files from .vpk-files", "Webinterface using an integrated webserver", "Accessing hiding-spots from .nav-files" or "Reads Entity-Outputs like the OnPressed Event from a func_button".

EDIT:
Works now. Windows only ... for now

About NMRIH:
Still not able to reproduce the crash. Can you give me more details about this issue?

Last edited by LeGone; 10-05-2014 at 03:55.
LeGone
Old 10-05-2014 , 09:43   Re: [ANY/CSS] EntControl(like grabbermod,NPCs,BuildIn-WEBSERVER,...) (Updated 2014-05
Reply With Quote #470

So, the newest version. Someone should test it on these games: CSGO, NMRIH and CSS.
(Linux should work on CSGO now)

CSGO:
Many things are deactivated. Still ... spawning props should work now ^^
Attached Files
File Type: 7z entcontrol-1-081.7z (2.63 MB, 405 views)