Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?

Post New Thread Reply   

incognito
Old 11-07-2010 , 22:36   Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #1

I've been fiddling around for a few weeks now, using not only the search function here, but on other websites with relevant queries as well, and I'm not having any luck whatsoever.

Using the old guides, I've downloaded metamod, sourcemod, cssdm and stripper, placed them in the right locations (even going so far as to create redundant directories to make sure they're in the right location), but I can't even get sourcemod or metamod to show as enabled ingame.

I've got no issues playing on servers online, but I'd really like to set one up to LAN on with my roommates so we can work on angles on maps other than dust2 or office. I'm at my wits end at this point. Any help provided would be IMMENSELY appreciated.
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-07-2010 , 23:58   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #2

No you cant.

With CSS going to the OB engine, Valve has blocked running 3rd party plugins (such as MetaMod which is required for SourceMod which is what runs CSSDM) on your local PC.
Old 11-08-2010 , 00:39   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #3

Well, crap. That sucks. :/

Thank you, though.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-08-2010 , 21:52   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp3r7 View Post
No you cant.

With CSS going to the OB engine, Valve has blocked running 3rd party plugins (such as MetaMod which is required for SourceMod which is what runs CSSDM) on your local PC.
You still can, you just can't vac-secure it.

You have to add -insecure to the startup line on your client. You will still be able to load plugins (such as for a listen server), but listen servers will not be vac-secured and you will not be able to join vac-secured servers as a client.
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-09-2010 , 20:03   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #5

I didnt know that but thats not a good trade off!

You could always use hldsupdatetool to download a server to your local PC to try stuff on if you wanted to go that route.

Then once you start the server, you and your roomates just look under the LAN tab.
Old 11-12-2010 , 03:29   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp3r7 View Post
I didnt know that but thats not a good trade off!

You could always use hldsupdatetool to download a server to your local PC to try stuff on if you wanted to go that route.

Then once you start the server, you and your roomates just look under the LAN tab.
I've had numerous issues with the hlds server not working properly (re: at all) for me, but I can give it another try. I have heard, however, that playing on the same pc that you're running the server on leads to very laggy gameplay.
incognito
Old 11-13-2010 , 05:43   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
You still can, you just can't vac-secure it.

You have to add -insecure to the startup line on your client. You will still be able to load plugins (such as for a listen server), but listen servers will not be vac-secured and you will not be able to join vac-secured servers as a client.
Assuming you unsecure your client, you can then resecure it simply by removing the -insecure line, correct?

Also, assuming one was to insecure it to begin with, would that have any detrimental effects on your steam ID assuming you did resecure it in the future?

IE: could I secure/insecure it depending on whether I wanted to play online or an offline LAN whenever I wanted?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 11-13-2010 , 13:51   Re: Is it still possible to run CSSDM on a listen server?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito View Post
Assuming you unsecure your client, you can then resecure it simply by removing the -insecure line, correct?

Also, assuming one was to insecure it to begin with, would that have any detrimental effects on your steam ID assuming you did resecure it in the future?

IE: could I secure/insecure it depending on whether I wanted to play online or an offline LAN whenever I wanted?
yes, no, yes