Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2009 , 04:51   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra-Jet View Post
On TF2 Arena, I would like to disable the AFK manager so people waiting to play are not moved to spectate. People waiting to play or dead can't move or do anything to stop from being moved to spectate.

I put sm_afk_enable 0 in config_arena.cfg, but that doesn't do anything. Maybe the sourcemod configs exec after the arena config?

Anyone else have a way to keep spectators / dead people on Arena from being seen as AFK?
You could write a small plugin I guess to do it, otherwise you'll need to wait until I can get Atreus and pred hopefully together to take a look at this so I can make a proper fix.

We are getting closer, but not quite there.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-16-2009 , 08:47   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #412

Yeah, we did another 4 or so hours of testing the other night but still haven't quite gotten it. Valve really hates us :v

ps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra-Jet View Post
On TF2 Arena, I would like to disable the AFK manager so people waiting to play are not moved to spectate. People waiting to play or dead can't move or do anything to stop from being moved to spectate.

I put sm_afk_enable 0 in config_arena.cfg, but that doesn't do anything. Maybe the sourcemod configs exec after the arena config?

Anyone else have a way to keep spectators / dead people on Arena from being seen as AFK?
Remove "sm_afk_enable" entirely from the generated plugin CFG file.
Put sm_afk_enable 1 in server config
put sm_afk_enable 0 in arena config

Blammo.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
Cobra-Jet
Old 08-16-2009 , 17:44   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #413

Thats what I didn't do, remove it from the AFK Manager config, that fixed it! Thanks!
Nail
BANNED
Old 08-18-2009 , 10:31   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #414

Server: CSS Linux
Sourcemod: SourceMod v1.2.1
sm_afkm_version: 3.1.4-compat

In errors_20090818.log write:
Quote:
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] Native "PrintToChat" reported: Language phrase "Kick_Warning" not found
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "afk_manager-compat.smx":
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] [0] Line 705, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/0/9/1/43863.attach::CheckForAFK()
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] [1] Line 462, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/0/9/1/43863.attach::Timer_CheckPlayer()
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] Native "PrintToChat" reported: Language phrase "Kick_Warning" not found
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "afk_manager-compat.smx":
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] [0] Line 703, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/0/9/1/43863.attach::CheckForAFK()
L 08/18/2009 - 18:28:06: [SM] [1] Line 462, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/2/0/9/1/43863.attach::Timer_CheckPlayer()
For 1 day log grow to 50mb!!!! And on it only this messages!!

My config:

Quote:
sm_afk_enable 1
sm_afk_move_min_players 2
sm_afk_kick_min_players 4
sm_afk_kick_players 1
sm_afk_admins_immune 3
sm_afk_admins_flag z
sm_afk_move_spec 0
sm_afk_move_warn_time 210
sm_afk_move_time 220
sm_afk_kick_warn_time 110
sm_afk_kick_time 120
sm_afk_exclude_dead 0
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2009 , 20:56   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail View Post
Make sure you have the translation file installed? And that it's the latest version?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2009 , 10:30   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #416

Just a heads up I think I finally got the fucking Arena Spectator move working properly, spent a LOT of time on this, Atreus is going to be testing the new version and if all is well should be able to release.

One thing I have to mention is that at the moment the move function doesn't seem to trigger a "death" like the proper spectator move does, I was looking into changing the score manually but gave up due to the fact the scoreboard doesn't have a "Death" count anyway.

When I forced a suicide before move I on numerous occasions ended up with my ragdoll spawning on my spectator target so decided against that as it might be distracting in the middle of a battle.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-28-2009 , 04:20   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.1.4 / Updated July 10 2009)
Reply With Quote #417

By the way I already tested it and confirmed it works fine to rothgar, so we're just waiting on him to get his things in order and I assume the thread will soon be updated.

Last edited by Atreus; 08-28-2009 at 19:35.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-28-2009 , 19:30   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.0 / Updated August 28 2009)
Reply With Quote #418

Hurray -- thanks for updating the thread Updating to the 'official' version of the new build, now. Hopefully threshholds can come in the next version

edit: Running and working on our server.

Last edited by Atreus; 08-28-2009 at 19:35.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2009 , 19:45   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.0 / Updated August 28 2009)
Reply With Quote #419

Well it's finally here, I have now released version 3.2.0.

I decided I was going to make this version the start of removing the "compat" build which was created since a lot of people were running 1.0.x SourceMod and didn't want to update because there was no stable releases. We have now gone through 1.1.x and are on 1.2.x so I have made the jump.

This version has a number of mostly TF2 fixes, due to request I have now disabled the AFK Manager on OnMapEnd() and Re-enable on OnMapStart() to help with slow server transitions?

I am also now hooking TF2 WaitingForPlayers at start of map which disables the AFK Manager during this time since Atreus suggested this.

More importantly I am now hooking TF2 Arena mode properly (Hopefully) to implement certain Hooks/Fixes due to valve majorly fucking this up.

Basically in "Arena" maps if you move someone to the "Spectator" team they are not a "Spectator" you need to set certain player properties to tell the game you are a "Spectator" and not "Waiting to play". Very stupid design, they should have left Spectator mode along and implemented player properties for the "Waiting to play" imo or looked at an alternate way of doing this. However valve didn't stop there, just the one peroperty does not work, it bugs the game into thinking you are a spectator but you will not be able to rejoin a team unless you join the spectator team normally (Valve does its proerty changes). This is due to a few other weird player properties needing to be set AS WELL which is fairly stupid because imo the game engine should have this.

In any case after a LONG time of testing and checking just what the hell Valve broke when implementing a very stupidly designed "Arena Spectator" mode I think I have finally found a work-around to fix this.

I would like to thank Atreus and his players for helping test numerous versions of the AFK Manager to try and fix the Arena issues. Made some good progress with this. I would also like to thank predcrab for showing me in the end how I could look at all entity changes for a given entity. With this I was able to compare my move function against the proper one to see differences of a few core entities.

Enjoy.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-28-2009 , 20:42   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.0 / Updated August 28 2009)
Reply With Quote #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
I would like to thank Atreus and his players for helping test numerous versions of the AFK Manager to try and fix the Arena issues. Made some good progress with this. I would also like to thank predcrab for showing me in the end how I could look at all entity changes for a given entity. With this I was able to compare my move function against the proper one to see differences of a few core entities.

Enjoy.
And i would very much like to thank you for taking the time to fix it when no one else would Hopefully we can get the arena spec stuff out there now for the spec plugins