Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Resets the healing progress bar when the healer distance exceeds the maximum allowed
    Old 01-02-2023 , 20:57   [L4D1 & L4D2] Healing Distance Exploit Fix [v1.0.2 | 25-January-2023]
    Reply With Quote #1

Description

Resets the healing progress bar when the healer distance exceeds the maximum allowed. (96, defined by the player_use_radius cvar)

Exploit often done in the finale chapter of L4D2 Parish (c5m5_bridge) by griefers, which don't let their survivor teammates climb the ladders, causing them to fall and get stuck for a while, until the progress bar is cancelled or completed.

Also fixes a bug where it is possible to keep healing a teammate even after the target is punched by a Tank and goes beyond the healing radius.

Steps to Reproduce

Spoiler

Cvars

A configuration file named "l4d_healing_dist_fix.cfg" will automatically be created for you upon the first run in the "\cfg\sourcemod\" folder.

PHP Code:
    // Enable/Disable the plugin.
    // 0 = Disable, 1 = Enable.
    // -
    // Default: "1"
    // Minimum: "0.000000"
    // Maximum: "1.000000"
    l4d_healing_dist_fix_enable "1" 
    Admin Commands
    • sm_print_cvars_l4d_healing_dist_fix => Print the plugin related cvars and their respective values to the console. (z flag required)

Change Log

Spoiler

Notes
    • The radius check still isn't 100% accurate according to the game core logic, because it does several checks, but is better than vanilla behavior. (search for: CBasePlayer::FindUseEntity())

Thank you!
    • HarryPotter - for reporting the Tank punch + keep healing bug.
    • KadabraZz - for reporting the same bug in L4D1.

Related Plugins

• Any feedback, bug reports, fixes, improvements, translations or suggestions for the plugin are welcome.

Installation
    • Put the "l4d_healing_dist_fix.smx" file (click Get Plugin) in your "\addons\sourcemod\plugins\" folder.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_healing_dist_fix.sp - 290 views - 11.6 KB)

Last edited by Marttt; 02-15-2023 at 20:11.
    HarryPotter
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-03-2023 , 10:25   Re: [L4D2] Healing Distance Exploit Fix [v1.0.0 | 02-January-2023]
    Reply With Quote #2

Old 01-03-2023 , 14:33   Re: [L4D2] Healing Distance Exploit Fix [v1.0.0 | 02-January-2023]
    Reply With Quote #3

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but this happens in L4D1
    Ladder
    https://streamable.com/fien3w
    Punch
    https://streamable.com/k38wn3

Last edited by KadabraZz; 01-03-2023 at 14:38.
    MaggieHarris
    Old 02-15-2023 , 04:36   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Healing Distance Exploit Fix [v1.0.2 | 25-January-2023]
    Reply With Quote #4

Thanks for sharing this plugin with us. I was looking for a plugin online that can reset the healing progress bar when the healer distance exceeds the maximum allowed and I am glad I found your post. When I was looking for it online, I also found https://review42.com/reviews/education/papersowl/ website where I found papersowl.com reviews. It will help me a lot in trusting their essay writer and now I don't have to waste my time on searching for the best essay writer.

Last edited by MaggieHarris; 02-27-2023 at 03:05.