Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer

Post New Thread Reply   

seoulxkorean
Old 07-12-2008 , 04:28   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #11

I may release a second version depending on if enough people find it useful and if I get enough good feedback.

Some ideas for a second version:

Admin Abuse Detection
This would allow you to define conditions that would be considered admin abuse. The program would then search for those conditions within a defined number of days (logs) and list any days where the admin met the conditions for admin abuse.

Example of a condition: *defined* command(s) is/are used *defined* number of times within *defined* minutes/hours/days.

Admin statistics
This would generate useful/interesting statistics based on all or selected logs. Example of statistics would be:

Global Statistics:
- Top 5 commands used by all admins
- Top 5 admin users (by # of commands they've executed)

Per Admin Statistics:
- Total # of times the admin logged in
- Average # of times per day the admin logged in
- Top 5 commands used by the admin
- Total # of times the admin used commands
- Average # of times per day the admin used commands

etc...

Other small features + optimizing code
Any small features I think of or that are suggested as well as code optimization.

If anyone has any particular features they'd like to see or any of the above implemented let me know. The first two I suggested would take quite a bit of time (for a small project like this) and I'd probably implement the one people find more useful first and then implement the other feature for a third release.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-14-2008 , 02:41   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #12

You could add all sorts of graphing to the statistics if you've never wrote such things before (new skills are always useful), although their utility could be questionable.

This is on my to-do list, but relevant here; determine which clan members are good for traffic and which cause players to leave. Graphing would definitely be useful for this data.

I wasn't able to test your program as I don't use binaries I haven't found myself, because of the high risk they're malicious. I'm not insinuating yours is, but you'll understand that it only takes one mistake.

Last edited by Lee; 07-14-2008 at 03:15.
seoulxkorean
Old 07-14-2008 , 03:16   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You could add all sorts of graphing to the statistics if you've never wrote such things before (new skills are always useful), although their utility could be questionable.

This is on my to-do list, but relevant here; determine which clan members are good for traffic and which cause players to leave. Graphing would definitely be useful for this data.

I wasn't able to test your program as I don't use binaries I haven't found myself, because of the high risk they're malicious. I'm not insinuating yours is, but you'll understand that it only takes one mistake.
Understandable. On the next release I'll be releasing the source code in case someone wants to compile it on their own.
Old 07-14-2008 , 09:50   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #14

Vista Ultimate x64 I get the following error every time I load a log: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of it's specified dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I also get that error when attempting to filter the log by keyword, and I don't get a list of steam ID's that appear in the log.

Last edited by [cTs] Corvette; 07-14-2008 at 09:52.
seoulxkorean
Old 07-14-2008 , 16:05   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #15

Corvette, did you make sure to download/install the .NET framework?

Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

If not then that's the problem.
Old 07-14-2008 , 17:22   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by [cTs] Corvette View Post
Vista Ultimate x64 I get the following error every time I load a log: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of it's specified dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I also get that error when attempting to filter the log by keyword, and I don't get a list of steam ID's that appear in the log.
I was the same problem.

I am now installing the Framework

Anyway is a good program.

Congratulations

EDIT: We fix when installing the net framework.

Last edited by ILUSION; 07-14-2008 at 17:48.
zeronine
Old 07-14-2008 , 19:13   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #17

Hey,

I'm trying to use your tool. I downloaded it and ran the program fine, but when I go to File > Load Logs.. and then specify the folder which my log file is in (the same one the viewer is in), it shows it on the left hand side under "Select Logs by Date" but as soon as I click the Log file shown there, it gives me THIS error:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find file "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\AMXLogViewer\L0714.log .log"

The ONLY thing I really noticed about that error is that it states the L0714.log is L0714.log.log =[. Too many logs. I tried removing the extension at the end of the file to see if the AMXLogViewer would add it and it would work, but no luck.

Any ideas? I DEFINITLY have the latest .Net Framework (just reinstalled).
seoulxkorean
Old 07-14-2008 , 19:50   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeronine View Post
Hey,

I'm trying to use your tool. I downloaded it and ran the program fine, but when I go to File > Load Logs.. and then specify the folder which my log file is in (the same one the viewer is in), it shows it on the left hand side under "Select Logs by Date" but as soon as I click the Log file shown there, it gives me THIS error:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find file "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\AMXLogViewer\L0714.log .log"

The ONLY thing I really noticed about that error is that it states the L0714.log is L0714.log.log =[. Too many logs. I tried removing the extension at the end of the file to see if the AMXLogViewer would add it and it would work, but no luck.

Any ideas? I DEFINITLY have the latest .Net Framework (just reinstalled).
I'm pretty sure I just figured out the problem. The log files I wrote the program for is in the format of LYYYYMMDD where YYYY = year, MM = month, DD = day. So each of my log files are named something like "L20080714.log" rather than "L0714.log".

I'll work on a fix for log files not having the year in the name of the file.

In the mean time you can rename a few logs to include the year before the month/day (eg. L20080714.log) to see if this fixes the problem. I'll post back once I've made the update.
Old 07-14-2008 , 21:05   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #19

I have .NET 3.0 installed.
seoulxkorean
Old 07-14-2008 , 21:26   Re: Free Tool: AMX Log Viewer
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by [cTs] Corvette View Post
I have .NET 3.0 installed.
And it still doesn't work? Are your logs by any chance in the format L0714.log instead of L20080714.log (see my reply to zeronine)?

I am working on a fix now for zeronine's issue. I'm hoping that is also the cause to your problem.