Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Server.cfg Limit? [TF2]

Post New Thread Reply   

Malachai3
Old 04-12-2013 , 12:08   Server.cfg Limit? [TF2]
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
Is there a certain length that a server will stop reading cvars from the server.cfg? Lately it seems like any new cvar I put into the server.cfg, it acts like nothing is there.. I don't know if it is just a coincidence of bad plugins or something but the last 3 plugins I have tried to edit the cvars, it just acts like nothing has changed...It is frustrating and I am not sure what to do..I have tried to move the cvars up in the server.cfg but still nothing seemed to work so I am guessing it is not the length of the text file but not sure..Does anybody have any ideas?
Sreaper
髪を用心
Old 04-12-2013 , 12:10   Re: Server.cfg Limit? [TF2]
Reply With Quote #2

Quite a few plugins have their configs located in tf/cfg/sourcemod/. You need to adjust them from there in order for their settings to change.

As for the length of the server.cfg, there should be no limit to how many cvars you can define.

Last edited by Sreaper; 04-12-2013 at 12:11.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 04-12-2013 , 12:10   Re: Server.cfg Limit? [TF2]
Reply With Quote #3

What cvar is it or do all of them not work?
Old 04-12-2013 , 12:29   Re: Server.cfg Limit? [TF2]
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
Quite a few plugins have their configs located in tf/cfg/sourcemod/. You need to adjust them from there in order for their settings to change.

As for the length of the server.cfg, there should be no limit to how many cvars you can define.
Yea, this is one of the main ones that doesn't seem to work at all. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=203146
I have edited the cfg located in sourcemod/cfg with no luck, and doesn't work also when trying in the server.cfg. Maybe just the plugin?

Same thing with this one, doesn't respond from sourcemod/cfg/merasmus.cfg or when trying the cvar in server.cfg. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=199332

And with this one I tried to edit the server.cfg with:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=512035
sm_radio_welcome 0
sm_radio_advert 0
with no luck, so I tried to use sm_radio_enable 0 and it is still coming back upon server restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
What cvar is it or do all of them not work?
The majority of the cvars in server.cfg work good, just the plugins listed above I can't seem to get any response from them.. The first two have external cfgs so I can understand those might not respond to server.cfg but can't figure out the radio plugin.
Ade
I love purple
Old 04-13-2013 , 10:59   Re: Server.cfg Limit? [TF2]
Reply With Quote #5

u need to make sure theyre declared in only 1 place, if you put them in server.cfg but they're also valued in radio_plugin_w/e.cfg, then the plugin value will be considered, I think