Post New Thread Reply   

heliumdream
Old 06-29-2016 , 14:41   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #11

change line 246 from:
origin[2] = parameters[2]

to this instead:
origin[2] = parameters[2] + 40

and let me know if that helps. this will add a few additional units of height to the targets return origin.

add me on steam: heliumdream.
it would help if i could see it being used.
i'd install it on my server, but would still need another player to test it on...i dont have bots or anything.
Old 06-30-2016 , 13:51   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliumdream View Post
change line 246 from:
origin[2] = parameters[2]

to this instead:
origin[2] = parameters[2] + 40

and let me know if that helps. this will add a few additional units of height to the targets return origin.

add me on steam: heliumdream.
it would help if i could see it being used.
i'd install it on my server, but would still need another player to test it on...i dont have bots or anything.
It works now, after adding the +40. But you can still keep using it on the person without restrictions, so if many people have this the person will be stuck forever, there needs to be a way to only allow it once on the person every 30 sec or so. Nice job there

ANY SCRIPTER ON THIS FORUM HAS FREE VIP/ADMIN IN MY SERVER!
heliumdream
Old 07-03-2016 , 15:33   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #13

There was an error in the logic; I was checking against the id of ability users not the targets. (line 172)
Try this out, it should be good.

Code:
Check the last post in the thread for the latest code

Last edited by heliumdream; 07-05-2016 at 11:59.
New and Clueless
Old 07-03-2016 , 22:10   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
There was an error in the logic; I was checking against the id of ability users not the targets. (line 172)
Try this out, it should be good.

Spoiler
Alright, the sandman_affected is not working, there is no restriction right now.

heliumdream
Old 07-05-2016 , 11:58   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #15

Sorry for all the hassle; I wasn't super thrilled to be making these code changes, and rushed thru it...

I loaded it up on my server, got a buddies account logged in to test with, and got everything working.

I am going to remove the previous versions from my posts, I don't want broken code out there.

Enjoy.

Code:
// SANDMAN! - from Marvel Comics, possesses the ability to convert all or part of his body into a sand-like substance by mental command.

/* CVARS - copy and paste to shconfig.cfg

//Sandman
sandman_level 9
sandman_cooldown 20		//Seconds before you can use quicksand again (Default 20)
sandman_duration 5		//How long quicksand lasts
sandman_affected 30		//Seconds before the target can be affected by quicksand again
*/
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (c1.3-sh_sandman.sma - 660 views - 8.4 KB)

Last edited by heliumdream; 07-06-2016 at 19:32.
New and Clueless
Old 07-07-2016 , 13:46   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Sorry for all the hassle; I wasn't super thrilled to be making these code changes, and rushed thru it...

I loaded it up on my server, got a buddies account logged in to test with, and got everything working.

I am going to remove the previous versions from my posts, I don't want broken code out there.

Enjoy.

Code:
// SANDMAN! - from Marvel Comics, possesses the ability to convert all or part of his body into a sand-like substance by mental command.

/* CVARS - copy and paste to shconfig.cfg

//Sandman
sandman_level 9
sandman_cooldown 20		//Seconds before you can use quicksand again (Default 20)
sandman_duration 5		//How long quicksand lasts
sandman_affected 30		//Seconds before the target can be affected by quicksand again
*/
Oh yeah, this is awesome now, tested and it's working perfectly. Nice job there, never expected anyone who knows what he's doing to still be on this forum . Now if somebody edit original post to include this version.

heliumdream
Old 07-07-2016 , 19:13   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #17

I've been active for like the last year or two, and its been mostly just me.
Occasionally I think old devs peek in, but there ain't much news or updates, or even active players. Just lurkers and newbs remain...

I reckon I'm as close to a mod or dev as you'll get and I'm completely unofficial.

The community has moved on to newer games.

I keep my server up mainly for nostalgia, I did my best to get it back to how I had it configured circa 06-08. I more or less taught myself how to code games those summers, using this platform. Even when me and another friend are actively playing, we never seem to get any random pubs...I don't think I've ever had more than four simultaneous players since I rebooted in 2014.

I was huge fan of the Jiggly Fun House SourceCraft TF2, and scored a copy of the source code their lead developer Narus ended up sharing...this is just as dead as cs.16 superheroes tho.

There is interest in porting the game mode to CS:GO
Here is a [REQ] page up for it...https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259348
Here is the release: https://github.com/Drixevel/SuperHeroes-Source

Last edited by heliumdream; 07-08-2016 at 00:05.
New and Clueless
Old 07-08-2016 , 13:19   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Occasionally I think old devs peek in, but there ain't much news or updates, or even active players. Just lurkers and newbs remain...

I reckon I'm as close to a mod or dev as you'll get and I'm completely unofficial.

I keep my server up mainly for nostalgia, I did my best to get it back to how I had it configured circa 06-08. I more or less taught myself how to code games those summers, using this platform. Even when me and another friend are actively playing, we never seem to get any random pubs...I don't think I've ever had more than four simultaneous players since I rebooted in 2014.

I was huge fan of the Jiggly Fun House SourceCraft TF2, and scored a copy of the source code their lead developer Narus ended up sharing...this is just as dead as cs.16 superheroes tho.

Here is a [REQ] page up for it...https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=259348
That's nice, some nice history there. Same with the nostalgia for me. We used to play on a Russian server that had superheroes vs zombies and it was just epic. There are still a lot of cs 1.6 zombie server players, so I figured I'd try make one of those servers and put it up, because there are none zm vs sh at the moment so it is unique and in my opinion it will get popular. For me just climbing up and shooting is not fun, when zombies have very low chance to infect a human, with like 5 zombie classes, that is just not fun. Superhero makes all the difference... Now just need to get fast download again, only 30 bucks for a year. Then buy a server boost, to help fill up the server faster. But I don't want to do this before I am happy with the server. It's such a coincidence that you are here because I only need help for few super heroes (sandman, and punisher v 2 and trigger not to contradict with each other). There is someone else who is very active on zombie mod and he also fixed a lot of zm and sh problems for me, they are similar problems. He fixed so many bugs for me it's unbelievable, very thankful for that, the amount of time it would of taken me to learn is probably huge. We'll see what happens. If you are into that kind of server I'd definitely be more than happy to give you vip or admin when I have officially released it.

Last edited by New and Clueless; 07-08-2016 at 13:23.
New and Clueless
Old 08-03-2017 , 20:24   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:

Is there any way to counter sandman? for example, if you pick that hero, sandman doesn't work on you, or the time you spend in the ground is reduced by half.

New and Clueless
Old 08-03-2017 , 23:44   Re: Sandman
Reply With Quote #20

I hope somebody is still alive on this forum

Look at post above if you know a little amx scripting.