3% 

CSS BRush

Post New Thread Reply   

splewis
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2014 , 20:31   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #171

Glad to hear that TnTSCS.

I didn't really intend to make a true fork of the plugin or anything - I just wanted to get something working until you were ready to get a CS:GO one ready.

That said, I do really think that being able to run in 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 2v3, etc. forms rather than "going live" when you get 8 people is a better option for public servers. I also think bot integration isn't worth the effort at all, but I can imagine you don't want to remove something you worked to get into CS:S.

I'm having trouble remembering exactly what the bugs when I first started with Lordearon's current version. I know I'm still struggling with some team change issues. I think my issues come from my change to dynamic team sizes. For example, I've added some re-balancing on CT wins in case a T disconnected during the round.

I've also found the MVP selection to be buggy, and I went as far as to remove it today to and always use random selection. Part of my reasoning was that I wanted a very short freeze, so there wouldn't be much time to pick. I think a possible fix would be to extend freeze time when a MVP is picking teammates and then return it to the previous value. A better idea might be to do something like: mp_pause_match while he picks, after something like sm_brush_mvptime seconds mp_unpause_match is done.

I can definitely tell you've done a great job with the CS:S plugin and that's the only reason a SourceMod noob like myself could modify it - so thanks for the clean style!

Last edited by splewis; 02-03-2014 at 20:35.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2014 , 01:56   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #172

So here's my current version of the plugin: https://gist.github.com/splewis/8967187

I don't think it'll be very useful to see my changes, pretty much all I did was remove things.

I've still got an issue of some people getting placed on teams after 8 are already on the server - but I think it's because of my changes to setting up the teams (see my g_numT and g_numCT variables).
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-13-2014 , 10:13   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #173

I'll be posting my CS:S updated files today. The only bug I have is with the bots, when a player leaves and a bot joins because the player count is less than 8, the joining bot gets placed on the wrong team... I'll try to fix that today and post the code for CS:S.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-13-2014 , 17:32   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #174

Here's an updated version... I've tested it a bit... seems to work well... hopefully I'll have time to test it further... I won't update the OP until I've tested it more thoroughly

change log
Attached Files
File Type: txt brush.phrases.txt (2.4 KB, 150 views)
File Type: smx brush.smx (36.8 KB, 154 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (brush.sp - 123 views - 93.0 KB)

Last edited by TnTSCS; 02-13-2014 at 17:37.
TUSK3N1337
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-19-2014 , 14:38   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #175

Is There Any CS:GO Support? Or Will This work on cs:go?
Send a message via Skype™ to TUSK3N1337
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2014 , 22:55   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #176

I think the CS:GO version will have its own thread because of the differences... a couple of people were working on it.
Old 03-22-2014 , 20:30   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #177

I've been away for more than a month (in Kiev). I'm focusing on the front-end now (nodejs/angular/socket.io) - might pick the csgo part up at some point