Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Blocks valve's powerplay console commands and some other suspicious undocumented console commands.
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Generalized command blocker plugins already exist.
    Old 11-27-2011 , 20:47   [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #1

NoValveHax 1.0.0.0

Version Cvar:
    NoValveHax_version

This plugin blocks the following commands to even the odds against a valve employee.

• condump_on - this is a hidden disguised command that enables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
    • condump_off - this is a hidden disguised command that disables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
    • addcond - hidden command to give players conditions like kritskreig or ubered
    • removecond - hidden command to remove players' conditions
    • mp_playgesture
    • mp_playanimation

Credits:
    • Asherkin - helping me with IDA dissasembler and pointing me in the right direction.
    • Valve - for understanding why this plugin is necessary.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (NoValveHax.sp - 546 views - 2.1 KB)

Last edited by ILOVEPIE; 12-01-2011 at 18:53. Reason: fixing FCVARS to comply with approval standards
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 11-27-2011 , 21:15   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ILOVEPIE View Post
    • addcond - hidden command to give players conditions like kritskreig or ubered
    • removecond - hidden command to remove players' conditions
    • mp_playgesture
    • mp_playanimation
    These require cheats to be on no matter who you are, and can be used by anyone when cheats are enabled.

Quote:
    • use_action_slot_item_server - it has something to do with changing which item server you are connected to
    No it doesn't. There's separate client and server commands that get executed when using your item in the action slot (ie. noisemakers, some taunts). That's the server part of it. I would be surprised if people can still use those with that blocked.

Quote:
    • extendfreeze
    What's wrong with this? It extends the kill cam freeze when taking a screenshot.

Quote:
    • condump_on - this is a hidden disguised command that enables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
    • condump_off - this is a hidden disguised command that disables powerplay if and only if you are a valve employee
    Better blocked by one of the generalized command blocker plugins rather than having a single plugin just for them.

It looks like you just went through CTFPlayer::ClientCommand and blocked anything that you didn't recognize.

Last edited by psychonic; 11-27-2011 at 21:21.
    ILOVEPIE
    Old 11-27-2011 , 21:21   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    I should probably add asherkin to the credits because he pointed me towards the parts of the server code that contained these commands.

Last edited by ILOVEPIE; 11-27-2011 at 21:21.
    ILOVEPIE
    Old 11-27-2011 , 21:29   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
    What's wrong with this? It extends the kill cam freeze when taking a screenshot.
    oops my bad

Quote:
    No it doesn't. There's separate client and server commands that get executed when using your item in the action slot (ie. noisemakers, some taunts). That's the server part of it. I would be surprised if people can still use those with that blocked.
    I will remove these two from the list of ones it blocks.
    I think i confused the code with some other code sorry :/

Edit: done i removed those two

Last edited by ILOVEPIE; 11-27-2011 at 21:43.
    Dr. McKay
    Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
    Old 11-28-2011 , 15:23   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #5

This plugin made me wonder, is it possible to add the "Valve Employee-ness" condition to players via SourceMod? I know there's already PowerPlay plugins and stuff so it'd be kinda pointless, but It'd be fun once or twice to use hidden Valve HAX commands.

BAFFLED
    Old 11-28-2011 , 15:58   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
    This plugin made me wonder, is it possible to add the "Valve Employee-ness" condition to players via SourceMod? I know there's already PowerPlay plugins and stuff so it'd be kinda pointless, but It'd be fun once or twice to use hidden Valve HAX commands.
    That's what the condump_on/condump_off is, powerplay. Everything else is pointless to block as it's legit or requires cheats and has no valve bypass.
    ILOVEPIE
    Old 11-28-2011 , 18:20   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Um that is impossible(in sourcemod), there is a list of valid steam-ids built into the server that allows only valve employees to use this command

Last edited by ILOVEPIE; 11-28-2011 at 20:03. Reason: clarify
    psychonic

BAFFLED
    Old 11-28-2011 , 18:40   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Quote:
    Um that is impossible
    hardly

Code:
    #include <sourcemod> #include <tf2> public OnPluginStart() {     RegConsoleCmd("condump_on", condump_on);     RegConsoleCmd("condump_off", condump_off); } public Action:condump_on(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, true);     }     return Plugin_Handled; } public Action:condump_off(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, false);     }     return Plugin_Handled; }

That's all it does short of a steamid check and a console print.
    Dr. McKay
    Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
    Old 11-28-2011 , 19:07   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    hardly

Code:
    #include <sourcemod> #include <tf2> public OnPluginStart() {     RegConsoleCmd("condump_on", condump_on);     RegConsoleCmd("condump_off", condump_off); } public Action:condump_on(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, true);     }     return Plugin_Handled; } public Action:condump_off(client, argc) {     if (client > 0 && IsClientInGame(client)) {         TF2_SetPlayerPowerPlay(client, false);     }     return Plugin_Handled; }

That's all it does short of a steamid check and a console print.
    Well, I was just wondering if there was a way to make TF2 itself think you were an actual Valve employee, instead of replicating the functionality. I know it doesn't make a difference either way, but there's just something about it for me.
    Old 11-28-2011 , 19:36   Re: [TF2]NoValveHax
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Well, I was just wondering if there was a way to make TF2 itself think you were an actual Valve employee, instead of replicating the functionality. I know it doesn't make a difference either way, but there's just something about it for me.
    yes there is it just requires writing a metamod source plugin to edit the steam-id list, but it is rather useless considering we can bypass the powerplay function by just giving ourselves those conditions.