Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Global banlist

Post New Thread Reply   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2006 , 17:11   Re: Global banlist plugin
Reply With Quote #101

I think I have adding bans from in game working right now, but I have a question for everyone:
Right now, as long as a user is in AmxBans server admins section, they can add bans. Is this a suitable behavior, or do I need to check for the ban flag in their access? I might be able to add a numeric flag, so that anyone having say "2" in their access, would be able to globally ban someone.
Old 07-09-2006 , 11:29   Re: Global banlist plugin
Reply With Quote #102

I would say check flags. All of our people with reserved slots only are in our server admins section too.
Old 07-09-2006 , 15:58   Re: Global banlist plugin
Reply With Quote #103

Okay, I can set it up so you can choose the flag. The part that lets you add bans has entered beta testing (Shh, don't tell the sourceforts server admins they are beta testers ), so unless I run into any bugs, it should be released some time this week.
Old 07-10-2006 , 12:06   Re: Global banlist plugin
Reply With Quote #104

Wow that is awesome! As always you rock devicenull!
Old 07-10-2006 , 15:30   Re: Global banlist plugin
Reply With Quote #105

You can't hide from the sourceforts server admins. We see all.........
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2006 , 17:53   Re: Global banlist plugin
Reply With Quote #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider455
You can't hide from the sourceforts server admins. We see all.........
/me hides behind gaben.

Can't see me now.
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2006 , 23:47   Re: Global banlist
Reply With Quote #107

Added the ablity to ban from in game.. the command is:
global_ban duration "steamid" "reason"
Steamid and reason MUST be in quotes. No way around this. A zero duration is permanent.
Old 07-12-2006 , 07:04   Re: Global banlist
Reply With Quote #108

Cool

Hey atleast now it works in 1 direction - i can add bans fine but their still not coming back to the server.

I now get this in console - which i'll hazard a guess and say its all correct (due to the CURLE_OK (0)?)

Code:
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Forcing update
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Hostname is ******
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Update url is http://home.exetel.com.au/*****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/getupdates.php
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Forcing update
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Downloading banlist updates
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Download complete - CURLE_OK (0)
20:56:19 L 07/12/2006 - 22:22:42: [BL] Update complete
So is it possible i'm missing something on my amxbans site side?

For example maybe my temp directory isn't being located or something ? (i saw a post someone was having an issue and this was wrong which caused the issue) - the address above definetly is correct since its the same address fo the addban.php line except its getupdates.php not addban.php :O

Heres what i've got
"/home/ftpwebspace/*****/*****/amxbanssource/plugin/temp/"
the temp/plugin directories have been chmod'd. Do i need double slashes when working with linux? Normally i would put in the "http://bleh.bleh" part but i got this from the amxbans site config file directly, more absolute so figured it'd work better

Any ideas? I can get on xfire if your up for it
Xfire = shadz0r

Cheers

ps. Originally i couldn't get the addban to work either but then i found out on the amxbans site, i had to edit my admins and put a "1" in my ACCESS field (the field NEXT to the FLAGS field) - was this intentional? I figured the Flag name would link to the flag field

Last edited by ShadoX; 07-12-2006 at 07:24.
ShadoX
Old 07-12-2006 , 08:31   Re: Global banlist
Reply With Quote #109

Nevermind, ignore all above, i just got it working !

Just an idea might be good to add a "debug" kind of mode, where all those timers get turned off - by timers i mean, on the website theres that "server must wait so and so time before getting an update" - have it so this gets ignored and you get a full update anyway while debugs on. Just helps with testing if it works thats all.

Great work mate ! *DaNcEs*

Last edited by ShadoX; 07-12-2006 at 08:36.
ShadoX
Old 07-13-2006 , 00:39   Re: Global banlist
Reply With Quote #110

Hrrmm seems i was alittle early in saying it worked

It seems the first update works fine, but updates after that just come with a blank file (the temp.banlist file is blank) - This happens even when there is new bans on the website and/or people have been unbanned which has to be an error

Currently the servers update time is set to 1 hour and the website min_repeat time is set to 45 mins...

[Edit] I just installed this to my other server and it works perfectly EVERY time. How strange is that.

They are the exact same setup, (besides some config differences obviously) and i even copied the ban list files directly from my first server (which i'm having the issues with) and now the second server works perfectly, the first one still doesn't

Its weird, i can even kill both servers, delete the 2 files in the data directory, delete the files in the temp directory on my webserver, start both, they'll both update correctly the first time, then i can wait for them to update them selves (or forceupdate) and the second server will get the correct file, the first server will get a blank

How strange...

Last edited by ShadoX; 07-13-2006 at 03:50.