Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser

Post New Thread Reply   

xomp
BANNED
Old 11-26-2011 , 14:06   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #11

How to get it to call more than the first 5 maps? Does this rely on mapchooser.cfg?
Send a message via Skype™ to xomp
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2011 , 14:12   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xomp View Post
How to get it to call more than the first 5 maps? Does this rely on mapchooser.cfg?
Yes.

This plugin is just a port of SourceMod MapChooser to use the BuiltinVotes extension to display votes. It even uses the same configuration files as the standard MapChooser.
BANNED
Old 11-27-2011 , 09:46   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #13

Okay, I only see 5 map choices when I run a !mapvote even though we have about 15 maps in our mapcyle/maplist files. The mapchooser.cfg doesn't seem to have anything that jumps out at me as a way to extend beyond the first 5 in our mapcycle/maplist files so I'm at a loss.

Any clue how to show more than on the menu? Thanks
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-28-2011 , 13:29   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Okay, I only see 5 map choices when I run a !mapvote even though we have about 15 maps in our mapcyle/maplist files. The mapchooser.cfg doesn't seem to have anything that jumps out at me as a way to extend beyond the first 5 in our mapcycle/maplist files so I'm at a loss.

Any clue how to show more than on the menu? Thanks
Does this happen with the standard mapchooser as well?

Incidentally:

Version 1.4.0.0 has been released. This version fixes a minor bug when checking if a vote is already running. You likely would only notice this bug if you were using another BuiltinVotes-enabled plugin.

However, despite BuiltinVotes still being in Beta, I don't think this plugin needs to be, as it really isn't much of a change from the standard mapchooser. Any bugs you run into with votes are more likely to be in the extension itself (also written by me, so don't act like I'm passing the buck here).

Alternately, there are two other versions of MapChooser that support BuiltinVotes:

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-28-2011 at 13:35.
xomp
BANNED
Old 11-28-2011 , 15:42   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #15

I've only ever used this plugin. It's a new install of sourcemod so it didn't have any old settings or anything from plugins-past to muck it up.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-29-2011 , 11:27   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I've only ever used this plugin. It's a new install of sourcemod so it didn't have any old settings or anything from plugins-past to muck it up.
The reason I asked is that it's supposed to choose 5 maps at random, not just the first 5 maps.

Also, for those of you who downloaded 1.4.0.0 since I posted it, you'll probably notice it says it's version 1.4.0b2 still... I kinda forgot to update the version number in the file. Whoops.

Edit: Also, the description I apparently stopped while writing it and never completed it. It has a full description in the current download, though.

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-29-2011 at 14:31.
xomp
BANNED
Old 11-29-2011 , 19:32   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #17

Ah okay, I wasn't aware it picks 5 random maps. I was really hoping to have all the maps appear in the vote.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-05-2011 , 00:01   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #18

BuiltinVotes was updated to version 0.5.0. This fixes a bug here and there, but more importantly it adds /revote and !revote support.

BuiltinVotes MapChooser was also updated to 1.4.0.1, which uses a new BuiltinVotes feature to display Changing Map instead of Set Next Map in the success screens for rtvs.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-05-2011 at 00:02.
clutchh
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-16-2012 , 02:21   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #19

This has been causing a lot of crashes on our servers, which sucks since this is such a great plugin. The crashes always happen after the vote is completed.

No error logs and the only dump that gave any good info pointed to builtinvotes.ext.2.ep2v.dll I believe. I'm hoping you can figure out the issue, as we want to keep running it. Thanks!

Last edited by clutchh; 01-16-2012 at 03:07.
cool_myll
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-16-2012 , 07:43   Re: [TF2] BuiltinVotes MapChooser
Reply With Quote #20

Yeah i reported crashes to on the UMC plugin. I think it has to do with the extension.