Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

macing
Old 02-20-2009 , 13:17   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
2. If someone misspells a callvote command (like callvote restargame ), the plugin warns the other player's that someone tried to call the restargame command but didn't have access. This should not be the case, the plugin should just ignore the false command.
this
AcidTester
Old 02-20-2009 , 23:01   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
This plugin is already capable of stopping people from vote spamming by setting a long timeout time.

I really don't see a reason to be banning people for something they can't do anyway.
Hmm i just saw an abuse guy that despite vote delay 30 seconds voted to kick one guy, and ban feature would be nice to handle with such abuse. Ban for X period of time after X kick vote tries
Old 02-23-2009 , 07:36   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #33

Currently, I have it set so only my admins can call a vote. Would it be possible to make it so that if an admin isn't on the server, the players have the vote kick option?
madcap
Old 02-23-2009 , 08:38   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #34

Why would only admins be allowed to vote kick? If an admin wants to kick soemone they just do it. You should not restrict vote kicking because that's how pubbers deal with trouble makers.

I'll think about the feature but it's very low priorty. I still have a bunch of other things to implement.
madcap
Old 02-23-2009 , 08:43   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidTester View Post
Hmm i just saw an abuse guy that despite vote delay 30 seconds voted to kick one guy, and ban feature would be nice to handle with such abuse. Ban for X period of time after X kick vote tries
Ok, I'm thinking you only want it to count towards the limit if the vote failed? I can work on this.

Edit: Upon further consideration I'm just not liking this idea. See below.

Last edited by madcap; 02-23-2009 at 13:16.
AcidTester
Old 02-23-2009 , 09:15   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #36

Yes i want two things implemented to make me happy:
- vote for difficulty in versus mode like in coop. (similar with director enforcer plugin)
- vote limit.(like GrimsonGT voteguard) Implement ban feature if players overextend "X" number of votes allowed each round (using different modes of ban method like in Friendly fire limit by -pk-) by userid, userip
And as i see this would be universal l4d vote plugin.
Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Ok, I'm thinking you only want it to count towards the limit if the vote failed? I can work on this.
Nope i mean count any callvote per round failed or successed that each players should have.

Last edited by AcidTester; 02-23-2009 at 09:22.
Send a message via ICQ to AcidTester
madcap
Old 02-23-2009 , 11:47   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidTester View Post
Nope i mean count any callvote per round failed or successed that each players should have.
I think this is just a really bad idea. The voting is there for a reason. Why do you want to punish players for using it?

Let's say a griefer comes on the server and I vote to kick him. Now we need to restart the level because the griefer ruined this game. If the limit is 2 votes I'm one vote away from getting banned for perfectly legitimate votes.
AcidTester
Old 02-23-2009 , 12:01   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #38

Alright i see, lets make vote limits on kick only.
Old 02-23-2009 , 13:15   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #39

I think you're not seeing the big picture. Voting has legitimate uses but some people abuse it. Just deal with those people yourself, don't set up a system where people can get banned for doing totally legitimate activities. There is already a delay between votes. Now if you really don't want people calling votes over and over increase the delay.

Maybe if a lot of other people start asking for this I'll reconsider it but I just don't see repeated callvotes being a problem that requires banning.
high6
Old 02-23-2009 , 14:26   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #40

Do the flags work?

l4d_vote_kick_access ""

I have the flags as empty yet no one can votekick except admins with root access.