Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2013 , 16:48   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
So, 2.03 didn't fix the problem if my error logs are anything to go by:

Errors you'll see in 2.03:
Code:
L 06/04/2013 - 15:54:47: [SM] Native "SetEntPropString" reported: Property "m_iName" is not a valid string
L 06/04/2013 - 15:54:47: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "prophunt.smx":
L 06/04/2013 - 15:54:47: [SM]   [0]  Line 878,  D:\tf2server\plugins\prophunt\addons\sourcemod\scripting\prophunt.sp::OnCPMasterSpawned()
I'm going to try something else and hope it works instead. Namely by switching it from a spawn hook to a spawnpost hook and hoping that will let me set the m_iName properly. I also corrected the check for the actual name based on something said in another thread.
If you are trying to rename an existing ent, just dispatchkeyvalue, it will work for m_iName, i do it to players all the time to parent crap to them.

But if you are trying to edit it as it is spawning, you have to wait, so just use a 0.0 timer, or like you said, try post.

Last edited by friagram; 06-06-2013 at 16:51.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2013 , 18:01   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
If you are trying to rename an existing ent, just dispatchkeyvalue, it will work for m_iName, i do it to players all the time to parent crap to them.

But if you are trying to edit it as it is spawning, you have to wait, so just use a 0.0 timer, or like you said, try post.
I was under the impression that DispatchKeyValue doesn't work after an entity has been created. I believe bl4nk has said such in another thread.

Anyway, I'll be doing some testing later tonight.
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2013 , 18:25   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1013

Quote:
I was under the impression that DispatchKeyValue doesn't work after an entity has been created. I believe bl4nk has said such in another thread.

Anyway, I'll be doing some testing later tonight.
It works for sure.. You could even dispatchkeyvaluevector origin on a player and it will teleport them... I think.

Regardless, you pretty much have to do it to name clients, and i'm sure it works.

Last edited by friagram; 06-06-2013 at 18:25.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2013 , 19:10   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1014

So, while testing something today, I found out that the game crashes in prop hunt if you try to build a mini-sentry. I'll check standard TF2 to see if it has the same issue.

Edit: It may be because I changed how "junk" items were blocked... Imma change it back and try again.

Edit 2: Yeah, it was due to the change in blocking. Switched back now, because that appears to work properly which outright blocking it crashes the client.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-06-2013 at 19:19.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-06-2013 , 19:24   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1015

Anyway, here's 2.04 which really fixes what I was trying to fix in 2.03. I had to back out one of the other changes I made, though... the one which was supposed to improve memory usage by preventing certain entities from spawning. Turns out that crashed the client.

As always, my test server (tf2.rbemrose.com:27015) is running this version.

Before I forget, I have some future plans for this plugin:

While I'm hear, I'd like to talk about future features for Prop Hunt:
  • See if prop shadows work properly when enabled. Nothing gives away a prop more than having a (for example) line of 4 red payload carts on ph_redstone but only 3 of them have shadows...
  • It's possible to set a prop's rotation on 3 axes. I'd like to bind these to different keys, possibly binding the vertical axes to +attack3 to change it in 45-degree increments (or 0.25π radians if the offsets are in radians), resetting back to 0 if it'd be 360. The other two might be interesting to change, too, but I don't think most props would use them.
  • Add support to give props rotation by default, much like they have offsets now. This is for props that you don't really see in their default positions, like the coffins in ph_manor_event.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 146 views - 73.3 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (33.6 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-06-2013 at 19:39.
Mike_BoG
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-07-2013 , 02:18   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1016

Quote:
Anyway, here's 2.04 which really fixes what I was trying to fix in 2.03. I had to back out one of the other changes I made, though... the one which was supposed to improve memory usage by preventing certain entities from spawning. Turns out that crashed the client.

• See if prop shadows work properly when enabled. Nothing gives away a prop more than having a (for example) line of 4 red payload carts on ph_redstone but only 3 of them have shadows...
  • It's possible to set a prop's rotation on 3 axes. I'd like to bind these to different keys, possibly binding the vertical axes to +attack3 to change it in 45-degree increments (or 0.25π radians if the offsets are in radians), resetting back to 0 if it'd be 360. The other two might be interesting to change, too, but I don't think most props would use them.
  • Add support to give props rotation by default, much like they have offsets now. This is for props that you don't really see in their default positions, like the coffins in ph_manor_event.
Apparently people can do !propmenu <path/to/prop.*> and turn into the prop, regardless of the propmenu is set to admin only.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2013 , 09:46   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_BoG View Post
Apparently people can do !propmenu <path/to/prop.*> and turn into the prop, regardless of the propmenu is set to admin only.
What's the value of ph_propmenu?
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2013 , 09:47   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1018

Quote:

You could make it rotate in prop lock mode. You could say, make crouch align it to the plane normal beneath the character, wasd could use the other rotations. I pretty much did the normals thing in that graves plugin i made. Props look a lot better when you do that.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2013 , 10:12   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
You could make it rotate in prop lock mode. You could say, make crouch align it to the plane normal beneath the character, wasd could use the other rotations. I pretty much did the normals thing in that graves plugin i made. Props look a lot better when you do that.
That would interfere with Prop Hunt's gameplay. Generally, you want to start moving as soon as someone sets you on fire, not have to un-prop lock first.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-07-2013 , 16:36   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.93
Reply With Quote #1020

I'll probably look into ph_propmenu 0 and using /propmenu <proppath> as an admin with the wrong admin permissions and as a user with no permissions tonight.

Edit: I haven't tested it yet, but I have a suspicion that changes to the Admin Overrides system in SourceMod 1.5 is breaking this, namely that an override on propmenu literally replaces the permissions on the base propmenu command and makes it so the ph_propmenu cvar does literally nothing. I may change the override name to "prophunt" instead.

Last edited by Powerlord; 06-07-2013 at 17:29.