Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Old 02-08-2010 , 12:36   [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #1

As per request

Adds the Hunter Cull Jump from Coop gamemode into any other gamemode.

Its a jump that doesnt require you to 'crouch' first, but you cant pounce anyone with it, either. Comes with its own set of sounds.

requirements:

Works for both L4D and L4D2, requires Sourcemod 1.3 or later

cvars:

l4d_hunter_culljump_version
    l4d_hunter_culljump_force (default 750.0) - how much power does a cull jump have

changelog:

1.0.0 - release
    1.0.1 - small array errorlog bugfix
    1.0.2 - added spawning delay
    1.0.3 - efficiency cleanup
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_hunterculljump.sp - 4553 views - 5.7 KB)

Last edited by AtomicStryker; 07-01-2010 at 06:29.
    Cuthbert
    Old 02-08-2010 , 18:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #2

Awwwsome thanks! Gonna put it on my servers and try it out tonight.
    Hotdog Storm
    Old 02-08-2010 , 20:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #3

Great idea for a plugin and it seems stable to me, but a few observations to improve it if you're interested:

The angle doesn't work like it does in coop. If you're not facing at least 20ish degrees up the plugin will make a noise but since you didn't leave the ground all force is killed by friction at your feet, this makes it impossible to do short range jumps. With the coop jump you can even be aiming down and still get a boost, there's some minimum upward component to the vector.

This plugin doesn't allow you to go into a walljump like the coop version, even if you hold crouch mid-jump. Not sure if this is intentional or not, that can be somewhat overpowered given the lesser noise cue.

Playing around with the coop jump I also figured out why it was probably removed: If you pounce into a wall and try to walljump without holding crouch you will perform this jump instead and are unable to pounce the target unless you insert another pounce while holding crouch.

I think ideally this plugin should be closer to the coop jump in functionality, but only activate while the hunter is on the ground to prevent the "false walljump" from aggravating people.

Thanks for the effort so far!
    AtomicStryker
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-09-2010 , 07:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #4

The Coop Jump is intended only for Bots, only to make a quick getaway when they get hit but cant immediatly pounce anybody.

I wont add walljump to it, and im not going to change how the jump works in favor of some ridiculous setting. Try pouncing in floor direction, or try leaping in direction of any floor in reality. You should get a fair impression of what is supposed to happen.
    Cuthbert
    Old 02-09-2010 , 11:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #5

Pretty great plugin. I don't really understand the above point about alternating pounce/jump (sploit?), but I have a couple suggestions along similar lines:

-- There's a timer on these jumps that prevents you from chaining them together jumps and performing wall-jumps, which I think is a shame because darting from wall to wall is the best evasion tactic, and evade is generally what you're trying to do when you're doing this jump. Could the timer be removed?

-- It's true that you don't get any air unless you're aiming pretty high. Again, when you're using this move you're usually in flight mode, and having to mind the placement of your aim reticule is bothersome. Can the jump be made to carry you forward without your feet sticking?

I think changing the jump in these ways would make it more like the pounce, more intuitive and useful. I know it would put the Hunter at a significant advantage in terms of maneuvering, but I really think that advantage should be his anyway, with the nerfed pounce damage he has in this game. Thanks again.
    AtomicStryker
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-09-2010 , 12:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #6

Again, this jump is intended for an instant quick getaway only.

You are not to walljump, pounce, or anything with it.
    Hotdog Storm
    Old 02-09-2010 , 18:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #7

I understand your view that it's only for escape and can agree with the choice, but the aiming thing is a problem. You can imagine a situation where making a quick escape requires you to not jump too high (or like Cuthbert says you don't have time to think), and with the plugin as is this is impossible.

I wasn't saying you should be able to jump while facing the floor, I was giving you an example of how the original move works.
    ionxp
    BANNED
    Old 02-09-2010 , 20:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #8

he's too tired to code
    Cuthbert
    Old 02-11-2010 , 11:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #9

Well I'm gonna keep using the plugin regardless, it still pretty much does the trick. My idea of how the jump should be is what many people would consider overpowered, but I've been looking for ways to restore the Hunter to his former glory, ever since L4D2 came out. I think he should be able to fly around the walls with this jump, landing slashes while the Survivors are busy with a mob. Then, when there's nothing left but to commit -- big pounce.
    Visual77
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-20-2010 , 06:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
    Reply With Quote #10

Well, removing the block to allow hunter to use the jump freely wasn't that hard. I'm still trying to find out the angle block so you don't have to look up at the sky for the jump to work. Anyway, good work on this plugin, Atomicstryker.
    Edit, got wall jump to be working, but the angle block is something I can't understand

Last edited by Visual77; 02-20-2010 at 07:29.