Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
mi123645
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
2.5a/b
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Allows players to change their character or model in-game!
    Old 10-23-2009 , 00:36   [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
    Reply With Quote #1

This plugin allows players to change their character or model, regardless if they are survivor or infected.

Credits: MagnoT for the idea, Sourcemod team for sourcemod, and Valve for a great game.

There are two versions of CSM now. I had to take this course of action because the Generic/Bill's m_survivorCharacter netprop I used crashed on certain servers. If Bill or The Passing with L4D1 survivors was crashing your server in version 2.3 for you, use 2.5a, else use 2.5b if version 2.3 was working for you.

Notes about the L4D1 Survivors: Bill works now without crashing the game and the L4D1 Survivors all have their voices and icons implemented thanks to Valve. The versus scoring now works with the L4D1 Survivors, a bit with a workaround. The workarounds can be noticed as followed:

Bill's hands may "disappear" for a split second from time to time. This is normal and is the only way to prevent Bill from crashing. For those who want to know why he crashes the game, its because the Director has trouble spawning common infected (yes its related to common infected) near him.

In Versus, Bill's hands and icons (along with the other L4D1 Survivors in versus) will flash as a L4D2 survivor. Again, this is normal for scoring purposes.

The glitches that occur with the L4D1 survivors in The Passing have also been fixed with workarounds.

The game should no longer crash due to precache errors. The models now precache the second they are needed.

The plugin will now save the character when a map starts and ends, and restore the player's character when the map starts.

A new command has been added called "csc" (Character Select Client) which allows admins with a generic flag to change the character or model of that of a client or admin in the server.

You cannot play as the L4D2 Survivors in the L4D1 Campaigns except as models. The code to support them is just not there within the game.

The plugin no longer affects the Infected team. Anything "Infected" related is actually affects the survivor team.

If your server is on a L4D1 Campaign, you need to set l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors to 2, else glitches will occur.

Seems like I need to clarify the "l4d_csm_infected_access" cvar. This does apply to the infected team at all, as this plugin cannot be used on the infected team. For those who want to change their character on the infected team, I recommend using Zombie Character Select.

Please report any bugs, I do listen to feedback.

Changelog:

Quote:

Version 2.5a/2.5b
    * - Fixed bug in finale with Bill where common infected spawned when the tank arrived

Version 2.4a/2.4b
    * - May fix Bill from crashing, try either version
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dcsm_a.sp - 48510 views - 81.5 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4dcsm_b.sp - 28931 views - 81.5 KB)

Last edited by mi123645; 10-22-2010 at 18:04. Reason: Edited post description
    Guinn
    Old 10-23-2009 , 16:52   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #2

hi mi

for admins as special infected (versus) is there a way to make it so the menu can only be used when you spawn as special infected via the director and not just when ever you want? right now i can spawn immediately after death using the menu. also can you limit it so only once during spawn they can change and not at will while alive. i don't want my admins capable of that. i know you would think i wouldn't have to worry about admins i pick, but everyone likes to have some fun, but i don't want them getting carried away with it.

see i am not asking much! see ya on steam.

Guinn

Last edited by Guinn; 10-23-2009 at 16:53. Reason: because i can
    luvmuscle
    Old 10-24-2009 , 00:16   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #3

Thankyou for doing this, this is neat. But i was wondering if you could tweak it so that when you change your character it does a full character change. So that if i didnt want to be the boomer then i could actually be the hunter and not just change my model.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-24-2009 , 01:03   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvmuscle View Post
    Thankyou for doing this, this is neat. But i was wondering if you could tweak it so that when you change your character it does a full character change. So that if i didnt want to be the boomer then i could actually be the hunter and not just change my model.
    Thats actually implemented into the plugin, only admins can access it though.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-24-2009 , 01:02   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guinn View Post
    hi mi

for admins as special infected (versus) is there a way to make it so the menu can only be used when you spawn as special infected via the director and not just when ever you want? right now i can spawn immediately after death using the menu. also can you limit it so only once during spawn they can change and not at will while alive. i don't want my admins capable of that. i know you would think i wouldn't have to worry about admins i pick, but everyone likes to have some fun, but i don't want them getting carried away with it.

see i am not asking much! see ya on steam.

Guinn
    Interesting I-

Wait, are you the Guinn who I'm thinking of?
    Guinn
    Old 10-24-2009 , 09:49   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
    Interesting I-

Wait, are you the Guinn who I'm thinking of?

ha yep
    Old 10-25-2009 , 08:12   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #7

Another quality plugin thanks mi.
    I once was zoey and changed to francis model,...model changed
    but still had zoey's audio and hands in FPS view I think.
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-25-2009 , 10:37   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bongholio View Post
    Another quality plugin thanks mi.
    I once was zoey and changed to francis model,...model changed
    but still had zoey's audio and hands in FPS view I think.
    My pleasure

If you change just the model, it will keep the sounds and hands of the original character.
    Dragonshadow
    BANNED
    Old 10-25-2009 , 11:11   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #9

Can I have a cvar to disable it for infected, admins and all?
    mi123645
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-25-2009 , 11:36   Re: [L4D] Character Select Menu
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
    Can I have a cvar to disable it for infected, admins and all?
    I'll probably put that in the next version.