Amxmod plugins and server downloads

Post New Thread Reply   

kp_uparrow
Penalized Member
Old 02-22-2008 , 16:08   Re: Amxmod plugins and server downloads
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WreckingBall View Post
Yami - I noted in my original post that I wasn't sure if this was a plugin issue or something related to amxmodx. Like I said, I have tried 3 or 4 other plugins on the server and the download experiences the same issue when there is a model file involved AND it is stored in a named subdirectory in the czero/models subdir.
Conversely, I have one plugin called Brassknuckles that uses 2 model files. However, the key difference is that these files are in the root czero/models subdir whereas the other attempts to create the subdir sentries first which then contains the actual model files.

Chris - I checked the .sma file for precache info and noted, as you have, that the precache seems to be coded correctly.

It seems that the issue is narrowing down to this:
Is there something in amxmodx OR the server that will not support the creation of a subdirectory on a users system during download? This must be related to plugins only because there are many examples of cases where subdirectories are created when a user downloads a map with say, model files, contained in a subdirectory that is created under the czero/models subdir. The difference, of course, is that the server admin ensures that there is a .res file with the map so that the file names and file locations are noted. I am not familiar enough with the inner workings of amxmodx to know for sure, but I wonder if it supports the creation of subdirectories that don't exist on a players computer?

Here is the server's message that I receive on my PC when I try to connect without having the two model and sound subdirectories on my own system:

Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/asscan1.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/asscan2.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/asscan3.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/asscan4.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/turridle.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/turrset.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/turrspot.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'sound/sentries/building.wav'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'models/sentries/base.mdl'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'models/sentries/sentry1.mdl'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'models/sentries/sentry2.mdl'
Error: server failed to transmit file 'models/sentries/sentry3.mdl'
Error: could not load file models/sentries/base.mdl
Model models/sentries/base.mdl not found and not available from server
Cannot continue without model models/sentries/base.mdl

I hadn't reported anything to the gameserver host yet because I wanted to eliminate amxmodx and/or plugin issues first.

Thanx for your feedback.
WB
this happens when you have a .res file downloaded from a different server and the server does not require those files or dont have them
Old 02-23-2008 , 11:00   Re: Amxmod plugins and server downloads
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp_uparrow View Post
this happens when you have a .res file downloaded from a different server and the server does not require those files or dont have them
That sounds plausible we have a fast download server. Is there any way of placing the plugin model files in a spot where they can be downloaded OR creating a .res file for the plugin OR would it be better to change the plugin code to precache_model and precache_sound directly into the model and sounds directories without placing them in subfolders?

WB