Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Request: Nightcrawler V.2

Post New Thread Reply   

Dread Pirate
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:16   Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #1

Okay, first time poster here so cut me some slack ;), only been looking at the site for two days and i've been through all the official and unofficial heroes, and i thought i'd propose a new Nightcrawler, since i have no idea how to code .

I figured that, Nightcrawler doesn't so much walk through walls as teleport, but i think it would be annoying to code my first proposal would be difficult to code, so i'll make two proposals, and i'd love some feedback .

Proposal 1: Upon keydown, player disappears in a smoke cloud (somewhat like Shinobi), and blinks forward X amount of space (Leave that for possible coders to decide, not too far however). In this proposal, the player would be able to blink through walls, provided that they wouldn't land inside the wall and die, so a restriction that they can only blink through walls if they land on solid ground.

Proposal 2: Exactly the same as the first one, except the player can't blink through walls.

I was wondering whether it would be possible (and fair), if the blink could be used 2-3 times in rapid succession, after which it would result in a sizeable cooldown (90 seconds). Still, just some feedback would be nice for now .

Thanks all,
Dread Pirate
Send a message via MSN to Dread Pirate
tinlab
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:21   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #2

ok this hero is kind of complicated. it could be like the WC3 mod for the humans where the teleport to where there crosshair is, another way to do it is to beable to teleport them x space fword, making it the players fault if he lands in a wall. another way we could do it is make him teleport to his spawn, a or b sites if he was in trouble, making him land in a wall x times out of 10 teleports. these are all difrent ways that it could be done. which do u want?
Send a message via AIM to tinlab Send a message via MSN to tinlab
Dread Pirate
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:26   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #3

Well, the WC3 one is annoying given that since it's unlimited distance, you can screw it up and land in the exact same place and suffer a hefty cooldown.

I guess it'd be best to make them:
1: Release smoke cloud
2: Blink X forward (without being able to go through walls)

That wouldn't be too annoying would it? (Not trying to be sarcastic ;), i'm a coding noob)
tinlab
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:30   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #4

well, making it beable to go throu walls would be pretty sweet, and thats also what knightcrawler really did. if u just want him to go x spaces fworad, then it would probly best to make him go unlimited spaces fworad ya?
Dread Pirate
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:33   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #5

Hmmm....it depends on what you mean by unlimited, are we talking that it's exactly like WC3 mod, where he keeps going 'til he hits a wall?
tinlab
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:35   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #6

no i mean he can keep going untill he hits a wall, or where ever you put ur crosshair - this one would not be able to go though walls
Dread Pirate
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:38   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #7

Ooooh, so it loops and he continues blinking until something forces him to stop?
tinlab
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:43   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #8

ya
somn like that

and i just dled the shnobi hero to look at how he did the smoke, and its super sloopy and long. it would probly take me hours to make this for u. i dunno ill try
Dread Pirate
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:45   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #9

I would be extremely grateful, i know shinobis smoke is pretty hefty in it's demands, but would it be possible to compromise and make it something like the play just drops a smoke grenade which detonates instantly? Even if you did a test one

Last edited by Dread Pirate; 11-11-2006 at 03:48.
tinlab
Old 11-11-2006 , 03:55   Re: Request: Nightcrawler V.2
Reply With Quote #10

thats an idea.... but ill probly make this guy tonight with the shnobie smoke, tho it may lag the server. if i cant get it ill do the drop smke gernade