8% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-16-2015 , 13:59   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
I will contact the plugin approver explaining this situation. Is it too much soon, as don't have much time I contacted Brad at 08-31-15?
I'm the approver FYI or are you talking about Brad?. About Brad try again, make sure you're using a good title so he won't ignore you.

Quote:
but I can wait someone
I believe I was pretty clear, if you take over, plugin should be the same as original. Please think of existing users, this would be quite confusing and annoying. Backward compatibility is a must.

Last edited by Arkshine; 10-16-2015 at 14:01.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 14:07   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I'm the approver FYI or are you talking about Brad?. About Brad try again, make sure you're using a good title so he won't ignore you.
Wow, I was talking about you. Then now using a extremely descriptive message, I will be contacting Brad again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I believe I was pretty clear, if you take over, plugin should be the same as original. Please think of existing users, this would be quite confusing and annoying. Backward compatibility is a must.
Sorry. Hence they will be at TODO section and will be released at coming new versions and be at the final first version "1.2".

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-20-2015 at 20:52. Reason: fixing bad english grammar
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 10-18-2015 , 12:37   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2
Reply With Quote #13

If addons_zz is planning to support this independently (i.e. no "well, it's an issue in the original plugin - so you need to ask there") I think this is fine. The original plugin hasn't had a release in over 5 years, but the thread is still highly active - so there is definitely benefit out of a fork.
Old 10-18-2015 , 13:16   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2
Reply With Quote #14

Brad was recently active (few months ago I think) and said he was ready to support his plugin to some extent. Though it looks like he disappeared again. My point is considering Brad is more or less alive, that OP seems to have ability to support the plugin, it would be beneficial to community to take over the plugin. At least he should try that first. I really don't see the point of forking in this context, it's just redundant and unhelpful, especially when Galileo is kind of popular and OP arbitrarily removed features, it' would be just confusing from admin point of view.

Last edited by Arkshine; 10-18-2015 at 13:19.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2015 , 18:50   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2
Reply With Quote #15

I removed features because they were mixed with voting map logic. Now I will re-implement them. I am applying to code it intelligently by using the proper structures, organization and a reasonable amount of documentation. The final version should be released by december.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-20-2015 at 21:33. Reason: fixing bad english grammar
utaker
Old 10-23-2015 , 01:51   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2.hotfix1 | Last Update: 21.10.2015
Reply With Quote #16

end of map voting list?
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2015 , 13:12   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2.hotfix1 | Last Update: 21.10.2015
Reply With Quote #17

What does it mean? That the end of map voting is done due to a voting map list to be showed to the server's players.

Last edited by addons_zz; 10-23-2015 at 13:29. Reason: Changed the voice to third person.
utaker
Old 12-02-2015 , 01:56   Re: Galileo Reloaded | Last Update: 21.10.2015
Reply With Quote #18

When map ends, there should be automatically a list of maps where people vote for the map but it doesnt pop up
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2015 , 10:53   Re: Galileo Reloaded | Last Update: 21.10.2015
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by utaker View Post
When map ends, there should be automatically a list of maps where people vote for the map but it doesnt pop up
Hi!

It does not pop when map ends, its pop 2 minutes before the map ends. And is poping, if it does not pop for you, bring more information about your server.

Update:

More information about you server as asked at the main post, and more what you consider relevant.

Last edited by addons_zz; 12-03-2015 at 11:34.
utaker
Old 12-03-2015 , 13:48   Re: Galileo Reloaded | Last Update: 21.10.2015
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Hi!

It does not pop when map ends, its pop 2 minutes before the map ends. And is poping, if it does not pop for you, bring more information about your server.

Update:

More information about you server as asked at the main post, and more what you consider relevant.
sending u server info in private msg