Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Allows admins to check cvar settings for a player using either of two methods
    Old 05-17-2014 , 18:34   TOGs Cvar Checker
    Reply With Quote #1

Description
    This plugin allows you to check cvar settings for a player using either of two methods (QueryClientConVar and GetClientInfo). It also has a command for checking a lot of typical rates settings for a given player.

Notes
    • Some cvars are protected by valve (e.g. "password") and cannot be retrieved.
    • Method 1 (QueryClientConVar, sm_checkcvar) is the best for most any CVar, and some (e.g. fps_max) can only be retrieved using method 1. If I remember correctly, there were a few CVars that method 2 (GetClientInfo, sm_checkinfo) worked better...
    • THIS ONLY LISTS THE VALUE THEY SET THE CVAR AS. If the server overrides it, that will not show. e.g. if the server enforces 66-tick, and they have cl_updaterate set to 101, it will return 101, although in reality the server is forcing them to 66.
    • Commands can be accessed by any player with the flags defined from CVar togcvar_accessflag.

Admin Commands:
    sm_checkcvar <target> <cvar> - Check CVar value of a player.
    sm_checkinfo <target> <cvar> - Check replicated CVar info of a player.
    sm_cvarlist <target> - Check list of CVar values for a player.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (togcvarchecker.sp - 397 views - 9.9 KB)
    File Type: smx togcvarchecker.smx (12.4 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 08-12-2017 at 11:17. Reason: Updated to combine with another CVar Checking plugin of mine, and change to new syntax, update code, etc.
    Sreaper
    髪を用心
    Old 05-18-2014 , 00:04   Re: TOGs Cvar Checker v2
    Reply With Quote #2

Firstly it takes two seconds to add ProcessTargetString().

Secondly a similar plugin already exists and this one comes with HLSW support: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...62&postcount=2

Last edited by Sreaper; 05-18-2014 at 00:14.
    ThatOneGuy
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-18-2014 , 00:50   Re: TOGs Cvar Checker v2
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
    Firstly it takes two seconds to add ProcessTargetString().

Secondly a similar plugin already exists and this one comes with HLSW support: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...62&postcount=2
    1) Indeed it does, but I was releasing several plugins today, and this was an old one that I dont care much about, so I didnt even bother modifying it unless someone wants it.

2) Never seen that thread before, else I probably wouldnt have made mine in the first place. I made mine because a friend wanted a plugin to check values of fps_max to find bhoppers who were fps_max'ing. Then, I just made it more flexible. Also, HLSW support is simple to add, so again, if requested enough, I'll add both of them.

EDIT: I just updated it. Added the better targeting, supporting any groups. Also added HLSW support (be sure to click "Get Logs" for the server that you want to see the return on).

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 05-18-2014 at 16:38.
    ThatOneGuy
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-01-2017 , 13:53   Re: TOGs Cvar Checker
    Reply With Quote #4

Updated to combine with another CVar Checking plugin of mine, change to new syntax, update code, etc. Changed version back to 1.0.0, since it is new-ish.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 07-12-2017 at 23:44.