Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Grooveshark v2.0.5 (2012-10-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

GNCMatt
Old 04-01-2011 , 13:01   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #41

Well I've looked into it a little bit... doesn't look like I'll be reviving this plugin. The website is now "too fancy" to run in the motd browser, and the API's I used now require registration for api keys and whatnot. Found another unofficial grooveshark api but it also requires registration and I doubt it would give anything extra that would combat the new website. I started looking around at other music sites that offer api access but so far they don't seem to offer the required services. Still going to spend a bit more time searching but it's not looking good so far.
Old 04-01-2011 , 13:26   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #42

Yes sadly retro.grooveshark.com got removed i was able to use this for a long time.

www.bouncyball.eu - Revolution Coop - Join - Spectate
Smarmy
Old 04-15-2012 , 01:39   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #43

Any chance on this getting an update? I use http://www.appbrain.com/app/doods-mu...eath.md_gs_app on my Android and it accomplishes the task.
GNCMatt
Old 07-05-2012 , 16:59   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #44

Dig! I just got this working again on my server, once I get it fixed up and tested I'll post the new version!
Old 07-05-2012 , 18:20   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNCMatt View Post
Dig! I just got this working again on my server, once I get it fixed up and tested I'll post the new version!
What about this? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1709762

Though I had to remove it because that hard lag you get when first loading a song is too much.
GNCMatt
Old 07-05-2012 , 18:38   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
What about this? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1709762

Though I had to remove it because that hard lag you get when first loading a song is too much.
Never seen it, not done with my permission.

Anyway, that lag is pretty much gone, it runs pretty smooth now. Here is what I have been toying with so far: added the API key support, messed with the colors, working on some new commands, the ability to share a song in-game using a "share song" url from within the grooveshark's website gui (for when you find the song you want in the browser).

Considering some form of storing songs for quick access. Thinking of an approach like letting people save a SongID to numbers 1-9, or something, haven't decided yet.

Had some other ideas over the years if it were ever able to work again, we'll see where it all lands.
Old 07-05-2012 , 19:32   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:

Anyway, that lag is pretty much gone, it runs pretty smooth now. Here is what I have been toying with so far: added the API key support, messed with the colors, working on some new commands, the ability to share a song in-game using a "share song" url from within the grooveshark's website gui (for when you find the song you want in the browser).

Considering some form of storing songs for quick access. Thinking of an approach like letting people save a SongID to numbers 1-9, or something, haven't decided yet.

Had some other ideas over the years if it were ever able to work again, we'll see where it all lands.
Sounds good. Thanks I'll definitely check it out if that lag is gone.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-05-2012 , 23:01   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #48

You could have a menu triggered by !recentsongs that slows a listing of the last 10(/25/50/100) played songs.
Old 07-10-2012 , 07:44   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:

As groove shark put daily/hourly caps on the usage of api keys you may also want include a check for that. When it happens the url returns
Code:
{"error":"rate limit exceeded, please contact us at [email protected]"}
It might all be an idea to add a configurable timer to limit usage per player, to prevent spamming, of course with the timer only being set after a successful search.

Last edited by jasonfrog; 07-10-2012 at 07:50.
Ganaray
Old 10-11-2012 , 00:14   Re: [ANY] Grooveshark v1.2.1 (2010-11-15)
Reply With Quote #50

Is this project dead or something? The plugin won't compile and isn't working.