Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 update broke sourcemod?

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-11-2013 , 13:26   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
I will give it a shot but I am still sceptical. That still doesn't explain why it no longer works in the game itself through local server. Lets say they changed some things to streamline steampipe ok. Shouldn't it still work through local server in the game using -insecure in launch options, however it does not...I'll post back in a bit with results...
SourceMod 1.5 is known to not work on local servers even when you run in -insecure mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
As I suspected, one big FAIL. Sourcemod and metamod both fail to load, I even tried the metamod.vdf from the zips and the one u generate on the website. Used steamcmd without any change whatsoever. Appreciate the help but I think i'm hanging this one up for now, been trying to get it working for 2 days now, on a side note just to see if maybe it was my setup, so I used an old sourcemod and metamod backup server I had, it loaded both but immediately crashed the server, which was expected seeing there outdated versions. So if it loads the old versions yet the new ones arent loading at all, they dont even crash the server. hence not loading. I dunno its a weird thing ive run into. Is anyone else having server issues for L4D2 on Windows???
As for SteamCMD, it's how L4D2 servers are now updated. I'm surprised hldsupdatetool even has an left4dead2 option any more... that was supposed to be removed a few months ago and neither SourceMod 1.5 or L4D2 game clients are compatible with it.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-11-2013 at 13:31.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-11-2013 , 13:59   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #262

Ok thanks alot Powerlord for the info, that explains alot, I will have to do the SteamCMD method again, I probly screwed something up along the way. Thanks again...much appreciated...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-11-2013 , 15:39   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #263

cant get sourcemod to work anymore, redid everything from scratch downloaded server through SteamCMD. Applied Sourcemod and MMSource to the proper directories also right .vdf file in right place. Sourcemod nor Metamod load. No error logs or nothing from sourcemod. Tried all currently available Builds and nothing works...this is frustrating.

Used plugin_print command and this is all that shows...

Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode is activated.
] plugin_print
Loaded plugins:
---------------------
---------------------

Last edited by MasterMind420; 10-11-2013 at 16:13. Reason: Edit
Deathrow Bo Dean
Old 10-14-2013 , 01:48   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #264

I don't know to say at this date but I had no problems at all with the new update L4d2 2.1.3.0. I have not had to change MM or SM with the last 4 Steam Updates. All the plugins still work but here and there a plugin may update the gamedata file. i'm using MM version 1.9.3-dev 821 and SM version 1.5.0 dev 3871.

Last edited by Deathrow Bo Dean; 10-14-2013 at 01:52.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-16-2013 , 09:44   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #265

ok so i've given up on windows SRCDS because no matter how I set it up it fails to load Sourcemod/Metamod. I've switched over to linux and of coarse on my first try it fires right up and everything works now so...i'll wait awhile for either valve to patch srcds, or for sourcemod/metamod to be patched in windows...some have issues, others do not. I won't hold my breath on seeing it fixed though...
dcx2
Old 10-16-2013 , 11:32   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #266

srcds and Sourcemod and Metamod all work fine for me on Windows XP. Whatever issue you have is likely the fault of something else. Note that my Windows box is dedicated solely to running the server, and does not have the Steam client or any Steam games on it.

Do you download from the snapshots page? http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php

Last edited by dcx2; 10-16-2013 at 11:34.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 10-16-2013 , 12:21   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #267

yah ive tried all of them with the same result, doesn't matter where i put the server, now mind u these tries were all fresh copies of windows with nothing on them just updated with the server, I would think if it were a problem with my setup, going to 3 different copies of windows on seperate pcs would remedy that. I cant explain why its doing this because I created a linux partition last night and setup srcds and sourcemod and everything works fine for linux, just not any copy of windows or pc i've tried works. Doesn't matter what snapshot or release version I try...
s.m.a.c head
Old 10-19-2013 , 10:21   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
It works fine for me.

What app id did you use with the app_update command in SteamCMD?
steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir l4d2/left4dead2 +app_update 222860 validate +quit

I will try with releases only see if it helps , thanks
KtK2k1
Old 10-21-2013 , 14:21   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #269

I have been having the same problems all day while trying to install SourceMod for Left 4 Dead 2.. Metamod 1.10.0 would load fine but SourceMod would not even attempt to load or leave any logs.

Anyway i had a bright idea and tried Metamod 1.9 and SourceMod finally loaded.

My server is fully updated so i don't know why Metamod 1.10.0 would refuse to load SourceMod but 1.9 works fine.. For the people having issues maybe 1.9 will work for you..

I'm running windows 7 x64 if that helps.

Last edited by KtK2k1; 10-21-2013 at 14:22.
Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 14:24   Re: L4D2 update broke sourcemod?
Reply With Quote #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtK2k1 View Post
I have been having the same problems all day while trying to install SourceMod for Left 4 Dead 2.. Metamod 1.10.0 would load fine but SourceMod would not even attempt to load or leave any logs.

Anyway i had a bright idea and tried Metamod 1.9 and SourceMod finally loaded.

My server is fully updated so i don't know why Metamod 1.10.0 would refuse to load SourceMod but 1.9 works fine.. For the people having issues maybe 1.9 will work for you..

I'm running windows 7 x64 if that helps.
I'm running L4D2 2.1.3.0 with Sourcemod 1.5.1 and Metamod 1.10 just fine...