endeffects
Old 08-16-2010 , 15:34   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #11

damn i'm sorry man

Lure.d
BANNED
Old 08-16-2010 , 18:07   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #12

Anyways, I know I would buy a pc, but im tired of any win version, and yuh, since im not playin much of the games on the actual pc, i prefer xbox 360 slim( or the NEW AND FUCKING AWESOME xbox 360 ) so i just have to use vga cable on imac/laptop/monitor and im done.

But since i saw programming is better on mac, ill give it a try.

Still, what do others think, and yes some of you have win, some of you mac, so just please
fight over and write whats better on one os then on other...

Thanks
Send a message via Skype™ to Lure.d
Seta00
The Seta00 user has crashed.
Old 08-16-2010 , 18:15   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #13

Programming is better on OSX but you are tied to Apple stuff, exactly as you are on Windows with MS stuff.
The best programming platform is Linux, as every programmer should know.
omgitsme
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2010 , 19:48   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #14

my friend just bought a alienware computer for 4800euros save up another 2000 dollars and you can get the cheapest alienware computer
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2010 , 21:06   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #15

Alienware is even a bigger scam than iMacs.
BANNED
Old 08-16-2010 , 21:07   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #16

Lol, when i was in lithuania i had a good pc, but i left it for my parents cuz i moved to usa.

My pc was win xp, sp3, 4gb ram, 512mb ram nvidia geforce 9500gt vid card, 500gb hdd, but with pixel shader 2.0 so i couldn't even play l4d.
Bought it for 6800LTL or ~2300EUR or 3386USD

Anyways, since i got the xbox 360 out of stacker machine i can use iMac as monitor since it has mini vid port that i use for my new xbox, plus i've taken friends mw2, skate3 which later is saved to xbox hdd. So yeah, i love that now i can play mostly any game just that i need a good pc for other stuff i do and thats when i finally came to my senses that i wont need pc to play!

Since mac mostly sux on gaming i decided to still move there as i dont play games on pc.

And iMac will be perfect for me, i think atleast.

Well noone has still proven that mac/pc is totaly more worth becouse of "your reason here". So still waiting.
Veteran Member
Old 08-16-2010 , 21:15   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #17

Waiting for what? You made up your mind way before you even started this thread. Besides, I'm not going to argue about vendor lock-ins, proprietary standards and Ctrl versus Apple keys with someone that values design over anything else. It's your (parents) money and you're the one that is going to use it. Buy the damn thing already. And enjoy.
BANNED
Old 08-16-2010 , 22:04   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #18

Total Memory: 12GB
Memory Speed: DDR3-1333
Nice

Anyways, i understand that mac is f*cking gay and yet it "offers" lots of stuff like iTunes just to get people in, get money and vuala theyre going.

Thing is i haven't used anything made by apple, so thats why i just wanted to get it.
Also, idk but games are awesome on xbox cuz people cant hack( except for glitches ) and so i loveto do it on consoles. And yes your pc looks pwnage 1337

Well you basicly told me what im always thinking when i open apple site and to watch the imac like 50 times a day.

Damn, i just thought that i will use mac for programming and stuff like that, and that i will play xbox on vga input of iMac.

Damn i know that pc is so f*cking better, but simply i won't use it for gaming just becouse of cheating

And guess what? Portal2 is coming on xbox360 too!
( Wow, that was serious off topic! Or was it?... err )
RedRobster
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2010 , 01:47   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lure.d View Post
Total Memory: 12GB
Anyways, i understand that mac is f*cking gay and yet it "offers" lots of stuff like iTunes just to get people in, get money and vuala theyre going.
Yup, because there is no way that I could EVER get iTunes on my Windows computer. Not that I want it since it is hella slow most of the time.

/Topic
I prefer Windows. I've never tried Linux although I have heard good things about it. Mac is not my piece of cake.
To each his own, though.
Lure.d
BANNED
Old 08-17-2010 , 10:55   Re: Apple iMac 27''
Reply With Quote #20

Kinda same. I never been with linux or anything so yeah. Oh there was this one time, i was in shopping mall and there was an apple store. So i went there and there was the OLD imac and i still liked it. ( no, not the 2000 year model, no fat man box ).

I liked the mouse, i liked the keyboard, i liked the monitor.

Also i never used linux as os itself as i grew up with xp or vista os, so thats why i want to give it a try, to see if it has some positive points at all.