Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.3.4c

Post New Thread Reply   

hsulace
Old 03-14-2013 , 04:37   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #31

Having a bit of a pickle with this at the moment.

I've installed all dependencies.
Left 4 Downtown 2 (No Playerslots), L4DToolZ, SDKHooks, L4D2 Direct, and Ready Up 2.4.

Followed instructions on the readme, buuuuut, <Failed> "Teams Manager" (2.2.4) by Sky

I know I'm doing something wrong, I must be. Are there specific things I should be doing with the database? I just overwrote my database file with the included one since I had no prior databases set.

Last edited by hsulace; 03-14-2013 at 04:38.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2013 , 16:49   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #32

Don't overwrite your existing databases.cfg with the one included in the compressed file. The one included only contains the prefix that Team Manager needs to properly function, and its purpose is only to show how to add Team Manager to your file.
Your databases.cfg file is not empty, even if you haven't modified it, yourself.

Try to load the plugin via console. If it fails, it'll output the reason to you. Copy/paste that (and any logs associated) into a spoiler tag below.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2013 , 13:52   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #33

whats the cvar's for controlling number of survivors and infected? why is the mod now overrideing l4dtoolz sm_cvar sv_maxplayers 16 to 8?
Old 03-17-2013 , 15:48   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #34

You could have found the answers from reading the posts on this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
I see what happened with the gamedata file; I had renamed it, but the plugin itself still requires it to be called _v2
I've also merged the two wrap files for the people who are putting both ready up and teammanager source files in the same folder.
Though, I still don't provide support for trying to compile it on your own; that's too much of a headache, and is why the binary is
included in the folder.

I'm assuming if you want 16 maximum player slots and 20 slots, and didn't mention reserve slots that those are spectator slots.

Code:
teammanager_reservesettings_totalslots		"20"
teammanager_reservesettings_reserveslots	"0"
teammanager_reservesettings_automatedslots	"0"
teammanager_reservesettings_survivorlimit	"8"
teammanager_reservesettings_infectedlimit	"8"
teammanager_teams_spectatorslots		"1"
teammanager_survivor_limit			"8"
teammanager_infected_limit			"8"
teammanager_survivorbots_requirehumans		"1"
teammanager_survivorbots_playersrequired	"4"

Also, this plugin has always modified the sv_maxplayers value. It's setting it to 8, because that's the default value. Simply edit the config and change it to what you want it to be.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2013 , 17:16   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #35

begining to make progress now not that it made a difference to the problem im now having but i ended up using l4d2 downtown1 because both non playslots and playslots downtown2 seem broken l4d_maxplayers doesnt do anything thats b4 installing team manager btw. (linux gameserver gsp)

The problem im now getting is on connecting im bounceing from infected to survivor and back again what could cause that? (happens with downtown2 as well so its not that)

i uninstalled hooks the problem went away ive had issue with hooks b4 versions ive tried the hooks that comes with dev mm+sm, latest dev 2.2 hooks and latest dev 2.1 hooks ive found no release versions of hooks is there such a thing?

Haveing found i missed a bit i edited database.cfg unfortunately it didnt make any difference

Last edited by RavenDan29; 03-17-2013 at 18:04.
Stupidfool
Old 03-17-2013 , 23:06   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #36

having problems with my server as well, not database issues tho, it seams that with Team manager running, everything works great first round of the map, 2nd round, no Special Infected, Tank Spawns, Witch Spawns, thats it, Then finale no tanks, music starts for about 1-2 sec then ends, normal infected works, and so do mobs. Have tryed with 1 player threw, and 10 players threw, with and without bots

Source Mod Plugins
Code:
00:29:41 [SM] Listing 14 plugins:
           01 "Admin File Reader" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           02 "Admin Help" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           03 "Admin Menu" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           04 "Basic Chat" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           05 "Basic Comm Control" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           06 "Basic Commands" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           07 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           08 "Basic Votes" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           09 "Client Preferences" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           10 "l4d2_direct.smx"
           11 "Player Commands" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           12 "Ready Up" (2.53) by Sky
           13 "Sound Commands" (1.5.0-dev+3792) by AlliedModders LLC
           14 "Teams Manager" (2.2.4) by Sky
MetaMod Plugins
Code:
Metamod:Source version 1.10.0-dev
22:02:35 Listing 6 plugins:
           [01] L4D2 fps_max unlocker (1.0.0.0) by Nuclearfallout Enterprises, Inc.
           [02] L4DToolZ (1.0.0.9f) by Ivailosp
           [03] SourceMod (1.4.7) by AlliedModders LLC
           [04] Left 4 Downtown 2 Extension (0.5.4.2) by Igor "Downtown1" Smirnov / Andrew "XBetaAlpha" Burrows / AtomicStryker / Michael "ProdigySim" Busby
           [05] SDK Tools (1.4.7) by AlliedModders LLC
           [06] SDK Hooks (2.2.0) by Tsunami, psychonic
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2013 , 19:53   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.4
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
begining to make progress now not that it made a difference to the problem im now having but i ended up using l4d2 downtown1 because both non playslots and playslots downtown2 seem broken l4d_maxplayers doesnt do anything thats b4 installing team manager btw. (linux gameserver gsp)

The problem im now getting is on connecting im bounceing from infected to survivor and back again what could cause that? (happens with downtown2 as well so its not that)

i uninstalled hooks the problem went away ive had issue with hooks b4 versions ive tried the hooks that comes with dev mm+sm, latest dev 2.2 hooks and latest dev 2.1 hooks ive found no release versions of hooks is there such a thing?

Haveing found i missed a bit i edited database.cfg unfortunately it didnt make any difference
You may want to post the issues with lfdt2 in its thread, so the author can look them over or assist you. All of the dependencies and links to them are found in the thread posting. The most common problem with this plugin that people have is they don't properly install the dependencies; They often install lfdt2 w/ playerslots and assume it's an acceptible replacement for l4dtoolz. However, this plugin requires l4dtoolz, so you must install the non-playerslots version of lfdt2 with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfool View Post
having problems with my server as well, not database issues tho, it seams that with Team manager running, everything works great first round of the map, 2nd round, no Special Infected, Tank Spawns, Witch Spawns, thats it, Then finale no tanks, music starts for about 1-2 sec then ends, normal infected works, and so do mobs. Have tryed with 1 player threw, and 10 players threw, with and without bots
You have to configure the config to determine if you want team limits automated or set to a certain value. It'll enforce these values, even with bots. In coop, I generally set max slots to survivorlimit + 1, so i can run a reserve slot, and then set infectedlimit to 16 or so. That's with automated slots disabled, as I only use automated slots in versus. You should also update to 2.2.5.
Stupidfool
Old 03-20-2013 , 03:14   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.5
Reply With Quote #38

still having same issue,
basically its a coop only server, don't really do versus,
if you can type up a config for me, and ill give it a try. all im after is 10 coop maybe 8v8 for Versus, but dosnt happen often, the nextmap works great so i use it, but same issue as before.
Stupidfool
Old 03-20-2013 , 04:18   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.5
Reply With Quote #39

Crazy question, do you think it might be cause i'm running a newer version of Left4downtown then you? took a peek at your server vs mine, i have version 0.5.4.2 you have 0.5.3. im just running outta ideas, im trying to match my server to yours minus other plugins
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-20-2013 , 05:04   Re: [ L4D2 ] Team Manager 2.2.5
Reply With Quote #40

I found what was causing it (albeit definitely strange) and director tanks should be spawning now; Download the latest version and give it a go. Make sure you read the version history.

Last edited by Skyy; 03-20-2013 at 06:05.