Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Allows bullets to make explosions where they impact.
    Old 03-28-2023 , 18:01   [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #1

About:
    I made a much more limited plugin and only for Left 4 Dead 2. You can still find it here. A lot of people requested more features, like cover all snipers, prevent infected staggering, etc. Now I made this one to replace the old one and implement all the requested features and some more that I wanted.
    Description:
    • Covers both Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2, but I have only tested it on Left 4 Dead 2.
    • Allows all weapons to cause explosive shots.
    • Miniguns included.
    • Each weapon can have its own settings.
    • Bullets can cause explosions with a chance of success.
    • Explosions can stagger special infected, tanks or witches with a chance of success.
    • Included natives to call to enable/disable explosive shots on specific players.
    • By default only AWP and Scout have explosive shots enabled, you can enable other weapons.

Natives:
    PHP Code:
    bool L4D_ExplosiveShots_Set(int clientint mode)
    int L4D_ExplosiveShots_Get(int client
    ConVars:
    Spoiler
    Install:
    • Place l4d_explosiveshots.smx in your sourcemod/plugins folder.
    • Place l4d_explosiveshots.cfg in your sourcemod/data folder.
    Changelog:
    Spoiler

GitHub repository
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip l4d_explosiveshots.zip (21.5 KB, 616 views)

Last edited by Earendil; 04-04-2023 at 06:43. Reason: Edit title
    Earendil
    Old 03-30-2023 , 06:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0) [28-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #2

I completely forgot to add valid sounds for Left 4 Dead, now both games have explosion sounds and they are precached on plugin start or map start.
    replay_84
    Old 03-30-2023 , 11:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #3

thanks. great plugin and idea. Probably to overpowered to just leave it on all the time. Maybe you want to add an on/off cvar in some future update.
    Earendil
    Old 03-31-2023 , 06:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by replay_84 View Post
    thanks. great plugin and idea. Probably to overpowered to just leave it on all the time. Maybe you want to add an on/off cvar in some future update.
    There are 2 cvars for that. One that enables/disables the whole plugin and the other that enables it only in some game modes.
    replay_84
    Old 03-31-2023 , 18:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #5

Oh I missed that spoiler once again. Thank you!
    Iizuka07
    Old 04-07-2023 , 09:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #6

It would be nice if you have the option to change the explosion effect. I'd like to change the explosive effect like the one from the explosive ammo which looks like normal explosive rounds. The explosive effect in here is just too big. Hopefully it gets implemented.
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-10-2023 , 11:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #7

Q. Can this cause damage to players also?
    Q. When you say "bullets can cause explosions with a chance of success", does that mean not all bullets in your weapon will shoot explosive ones?
    Q. Is there a way of changing the % odds of getting explosive bullets? For example, set cvar to 40% chance of getting explosive bullets and so on. Being given random explosive bullets from time to time would be, in my opinion, better than either permanently on or off.
    Earendil
    Old 04-12-2023 , 05:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ruthless1 View Post
    Q. Can this cause damage to players also?
    Q. When you say "bullets can cause explosions with a chance of success", does that mean not all bullets in your weapon will shoot explosive ones?
    Q. Is there a way of changing the % odds of getting explosive bullets? For example, set cvar to 40% chance of getting explosive bullets and so on. Being given random explosive bullets from time to time would be, in my opinion, better than either permanently on or off.
    File data/l4d_explosiveshots.cfg:
    Code:
            "weapon_pistol"
            {
                "dmg_zombies"   60.0    // Damage to zombies at the center of the explosion
                "dmg_humans"    1.80    // Damage to survivors at the center of explosion
                "radius"        0.0     // Distance (16 units = 1ft) where explosion stops dealing damage (if 0 is determined by dmg_zombies)
                "stun_special"  0.1     // Chance to stun, 1.0 = 100% of chance to stun
                "stun_witch"    0.07
                "stun_tank"     0.03
                "exp_chance"    0.5     // Chance that a shot of this weapon will cause an explosion (1.0 = 100% chance)
                "enabled"       0       // 0-> Explosive bullets disabled. 1-> Enabled 
            }
    A: Yes, dmg_humans controls the damage that humans will receive.
    A: Yes, exp_chance controls the chance that a bullet will explode being 0 -> no chance, 1 all bullets will explode, 0.5 only 50% of bullets will explode, and so on.
    A: Yes but not from inside this plugin, other plugins can call the native L4D_ExplosiveShots_Set(int client, int mode) to activate/deactivate explosive shots on clients and override the explosion chances.

Last edited by Earendil; 04-12-2023 at 05:10.
    Earendil
    Old 04-12-2023 , 16:21   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iizuka07 View Post
    It would be nice if you have the option to change the explosion effect. I'd like to change the explosive effect like the one from the explosive ammo which looks like normal explosive rounds. The explosive effect in here is just too big. Hopefully it gets implemented.
    I will look into that.
    beeflot
    Old 04-16-2023 , 20:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Explosive Shots (v1.0.1) [30-Mar-2023]
    Reply With Quote #10

Report:
    In L4D2,when disabled "stun_special", "stun_witch", "stun_tank", parameter set to 0 or 0.0, still can make stun effect,
    tank throwing rock action suffer an explosion , action will not stop, and rock cant throw, wait action is over, get stun.