Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Grey Echo
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Kill zombies and avoid becoming one yourself before time runs out!
    Old 01-03-2021 , 15:18   [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)
    Reply With Quote #1

Zombie Deathmatch for CS:GO

Every round starts all players as Survivors (Counter-Terrorists) against bot-controlled Zombies (Terrorists). Survivors cannot respawn; if they die to a Zombie or otherwise, they are respawned as a Zombie. Zombies, however, respawn shortly after dying. If all Survivors are killed, Zombies win; if at least one Survivor manages to stay alive by the time the round ends, Survivors win.

To encourage run-and-gun tactics as opposed to camping, Survivors cannot jump. They can, however, buy weapons and grenades at the start of every round to supplement or replace their randomly-generated loadout. They can also use their flashlight (F key by default) to light up areas that are otherwise dark. Zombies, on the other hand, can jump, but can only ever use their claws (reskinned knife) to attack and do not have a flashlight or analogous tool to help them see.

Yes, this is Yet Another Zombie-themed Mod™, but this one has been written from scratch for CS:GO and SourceMod 1.10, and we think it offers an interesting experience that makes for more exciting gameplay, blending together some of the best features of those other mods to produce something that's better than the sum of its parts and discourages players from camping without being too obtrusive.

Features
    • Both player-controlled and bot-controlled Zombies are supported; all players start each round as Survivors, but become Zombies themselves if they die to the endless stream of bot-controlled Zombies.
    • Compatible with Maxximou5's Deathmatch plugin and Grey83's Gun Menu plugin; see the 'Requirements' section of this post for details.
    • If all human players are spectating, bots spawn both as Survivors and Zombies for your viewing enjoyment.
    • Custom player model and knife view and world models for Zombies are included; see the 'Credits' section of this post for details.
    • Maps with fog are automatically made even foggier to make them more spooky and mysterious.
    • Extra blood and gore when Zombies or Survivors take damage.
    • Flashlights are enabled for Survivors; press F (by default) to toggle your flashlight.
    • Fire from incendiary grenades burn Survivors and Zombies for at least 3 seconds, so be careful where you throw!

Screenshots

Server List
    By default, all Zombie Deathmatch servers will spawn bots when the first human player joins the server, so feel free to join any of the servers below to begin playing, even the ones that are showing as empty right now.
    • Official Zombie Deathmatch Demo Server (zdm.ggwp.cc:28861)

Don't see your Zombie Deathmatch server listed above? Let us know so we can add it to this list!

Requirements
    • A dedicated server running CS:GO's vanilla Deathmatch mode with the following installed:
    If you choose to use Maxximou5's Deathmatch plugin in addition to the requirements above, make sure to set "dm_enable_valve_deathmatch" to "yes" in your addons/sourcemod/configs/deathmatch/deathmatch.ini file, but note that using this plugin is not required. You may also choose to use Grey83's Gun Menu plugin instead, particularly if you run into any issues getting Maxximou5's plugin working. Here are some suggested config values for the latter.

If you'd like to edit the starting HP of Survivors or Zombies, install the Set Start Health plugin or a similar plugin.

Dependencies
    This plugin depends on no other SourceMod plugins.

Recommendations
    • It's highly recommended you host your server with FastDL; this plugin includes some custom models and materials that your players may not have downloaded before, and without a FastDL server to download those assets from, by default, players will not be able to join your server. Check out this post for details.
    • Any map that's compatible with CS:GO's vanilla Deathmatch mode is supported by this plugin so long as it supports bots. However, we only recommend using open maps with minimal camping spots and/or maps that have good bot support, e.g. maps that come with a custom NAV file that hasn't been generated automatically by CS:GO. When in doubt though, de_dust2 is a great map choice for this gamemode, especially with a custom NAV file like the one from here.
    • Use a separate plugin to automatically explain to new players how gameplay works through chat. Some have found success using ServerAdvertisement3 for this purpose, e.g. like this. Check out this post for a working configuration-level example.

Installation Instructions
    Download the latest release from GitHub here as a ZIP file (direct download link here) and unzip it. Open the extracted directory and move or copy the contents of its 'csgo' directory into the 'csgo' directory of your dedicated server; if you have a FastDL server, upload the contents of the 'FastDL' directory to your FastDL server. Once all of this is complete, restart your server.

Changelog
    See our Releases page on GitHub for a complete list of changes by release number and date.

Plans
    • Consider re-enabling jumping for Survivors, but severely limiting their jump height and disabling crouch-jumping so that running-and-gunning is still encouraged.
    • Make it so bot Zombies don't aimlessly swing their claws while they're not within swinging distance of a Survivor or another Zombie.
    • Make it so bot Zombies don't spend time after respawning trying to buy weapons.
    • Consider preventing fire damage from a Survivor's incendiary grenade from hurting Survivors other than the one who threw it; as it is today, incendiary grenades can be used for griefing even if friendly fire is disabled.
    • Consider stopping or restricting the respawning of grenades in each Survivor's inventory; as it is today, Survivors get another grenade of the same type immediately after throwing one, which can lead to them spamming grenades.
    • Come up with more ways to encourage players not to camp without directly punishing them for doing so. For example, we could force players to pick up health shots off the ground in random parts of the map rather than giving them health shots simply for killing Zombies. In general though, we should try to avoid directly punishing players for camping as much as possible so as not to discourage players from enjoying themselves.
    • Create mutations (e.g. extra health, faster movement speed, etc.) and have them apply randomly to Zombies to make gameplay more interesting.
    • Add a new cvar that specifies the maximum amount of bots to fight alongside humans as Survivors when there aren't a sufficient number of other human players online.
    • Add a new cvar for enabling and disabling the plugin to power integrations with other plugins so that Zombie Deathmatch can easily be toggled at runtime.
    • Add new cvars for separately editing the starting HP of Survivors and Zombies; as of now, a separate plugin needs to be installed to edit starting HP.
    • Allow player-controlled Zombies to jump; it's intended that Survivors can't jump (maybe make this configurable?), but NPC Zombies can still jump and so player-controlled ones should be able to as well.
    • Fix Zombies' knife view model switching between the default knife and the custom one that ships with the plugin; only the latter should ever be visible.

Source Code
    Check out the GitHub repository for this project here.

Bug Reporting
    Please report any bugs you find either here in this thread and/or by creating a new issue on our Issues page on GitHub.

Credits
    See the inline comments in this file for links to specific snippets of code I pulled from this forum and then subsequently edited. A big thanks to all of you over the years for contributing those code snippets for us all to use! There are also inline comments in that same file for where I sourced every custom model and material from. Please reach out to me directly if you wish to be credited more directly as I'd be happy to explicitly call you out here and on GitHub for your excellent work!

Last edited by Grey Echo; 03-08-2022 at 09:52.
    Bosny
    Old 01-03-2021 , 20:03   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #2

Looks like a solid plugin. I'll give it a shot sometime this week.
    vijayar
    Old 01-04-2021 , 03:32   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #3

This is fun ! Super plugin and works as mentioned. Huge Thanks and looking forward to what else gets included, in future
    Judge_Duck
    Old 01-04-2021 , 10:08   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #4

Yeah I wont be able to upload this until later this week, but looks great from the outside!

If you're looking for more servers please reach out, always willing to host some zombie servers from our setup .

https://www.endofthelinegaming.com/ -- Picking up where NoHeroes ended.
    Grey Echo
    Old 01-04-2021 , 10:31   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #5

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's been over a decade since I've been on the SourcePawn scene, so it's great to see everyone's still as active as ever.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Judge_Duck View Post
    Yeah I wont be able to upload this until later this week, but looks great from the outside!

If you're looking for more servers please reach out, always willing to host some zombie servers from our setup .
    I'd absolutely love to see more servers running this! We've got a demo server set up for at least the rest of January using some funds I scrounged together, but if you or anyone else were to post here with their server details, I'd be happy to add them to the 'Server List' section of the top post of this thread for visibility. Private message me whenever you'd had the chance to check the gameplay out!
    NanoC
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-05-2021 , 06:13   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #6

Looks great from the outside, gotta take a look later, maybe i can bring some feedback about updates and new ideas.

Last edited by NanoC; 01-05-2021 at 06:18.
    Send a message via Skype™ to NanoC
    Grey Echo
    Old 01-05-2021 , 10:23   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #7

Special thanks to vijayar for hosting a server! I've just added it to the Server List section of the top post of this thread if anyone is closer to India than they are to the eastern United States.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
    Looks great from the outside, gotta take a look later, maybe i can bring some feedback about updates and new ideas.
    Thanks, I would love some new ideas! I'm also very open to anyone else contributing to this plugin directly with some SourcePawn code of their own given the project is now open source, so anyone should feel free to submit their own pull request anytime for review!

Last edited by Grey Echo; 01-05-2021 at 10:23.
    vijayar
    Old 01-06-2021 , 02:55   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #8

I was able to use this plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314) and display in -game, the rules, in brief.

Can you turn on spectate mode ? I think it is not working ; for me it was not going into spectate mode. It will help for users to read the messages and then join the game. Maybe you can populate all slots with zombies in spectate mode
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (46.3 KB, 250 views)
    Grey Echo
    Old 01-06-2021 , 10:09   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vijayar View Post
    I was able to use this plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314) and display in -game, the rules, in brief.

Can you turn on spectate mode ? I think it is not working ; for me it was not going into spectate mode. It will help for users to read the messages and then join the game. Maybe you can populate all slots with zombies in spectate mode
    Nice! I'll add that plugin to the Recommendations section of the top post now. As for spectator not working, I can confirm that it's probably being overwritten by the code that automatically assigns players to CT. Give me ~24 hours to turn around a fix.
    vijayar
    Old 01-06-2021 , 10:22   Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grey Echo View Post
    Nice! I'll add that plugin to the Recommendations section of the top post now. As for spectator not working, I can confirm that it's probably being overwritten by the code that automatically assigns players to CT. Give me ~24 hours to turn around a fix.
    Thanks. I have few more suggestion/feedback.

Kick players if they are camping ; I was able to squat in a nice corner with negev, in multiple maps and the zombies were sitting ducks. I was able to complete multiple rounds easily with only me as CT player. This will make the mode boring after sometime. Imagine if there are more CT.
    The fun is if the CT has to keep moving, that way CT will not know from which direction the zombies will attack.

Can we make the Zombie shuffle ? As of now they approach CT in a predefined manner which makes it easy to predict their movement path and kill them easily

I was not able to increase the number of zombies to say 12/14 (set my server slot to 16 at the moment); I did change it in zmd.cfg file but it is always loading with 10 player (1CT+9T).

Last edited by vijayar; 01-06-2021 at 10:25.