Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]

Post New Thread Reply   

Zeddy_god
Old 11-06-2017 , 14:49   REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, required a plugin to AUTO- STRIP all players of weapons [including knife] at either round end or start, whichever would be less laggy.

Need it as the current game_player_equip plugins [Yes I've tested both the fixes on forums] don't work on a lot of mg maps like wl multigames etc.

Can pay if neccessary, cheers.
Old 11-06-2017 , 15:22   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #2

it'd probably be best to only run the plugin that strips players on round prestart on the maps having the issue. Stripping players on round start may cause issues with certain maps.
Honestly it would be best to edit the maps and fix them, as they are outdated.
Zeddy_god
Old 11-07-2017 , 03:27   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah, but it's honestly way harder to do that then try the strip plugin.

I want to give it a shot, I don't think stripping players of weapons at round start will cause any huge issues , as I'm using these only on MG maps.

If anyone's up for it , please hit me up.
Old 11-07-2017 , 10:31   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #4

Try this, I haven't tested it or anything so I have no idea if it'll actually work (or not crash the server).
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (RoundStrip.sp - 341 views - 885 Bytes)
Zeddy_god
Old 11-10-2017 , 15:45   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #5

Hey mitch, tried it, it works on some maps, and doesnt work on some. Also caused a few crashes on some maps.

Is there any way to do it safely without the crashes? Maybe execute losing weapons 5 seconds into the round? I can add freeze time to balance it.
Old 11-10-2017 , 17:54   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
Hey mitch, tried it, it works on some maps, and doesnt work on some. Also caused a few crashes on some maps.

Is there any way to do it safely without the crashes? Maybe execute losing weapons 5 seconds into the round? I can add freeze time to balance it.
What I've done for stripping weapons that hasnt resulted in crashes is use a player spawn hook, then make a 1.0 second timer, and strip weapons after than. I didnt even use an IsValidEdict check because checking if GetPlayerWeaponSlot returns -1 will notify if it is invalid (if the check is still needed, and I'm incorrect about that, let me know). I threw something together for you real quick that has a variable to control the delay. Hope it works with your map issue.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (togweaponstripper.sp - 180 views - 2.2 KB)
File Type: smx togweaponstripper.smx (9.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: inc autoexecconfig.inc (19.4 KB, 181 views)
Old 12-08-2017 , 02:12   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #7

Hey tog. The plugin works just fine. But the players can throw weapons just as they spawn and pick them up again. Can you please make something for that? Cheers.
Old 12-08-2017 , 14:18   Re: REQ: Auto strip weapons from player at round start/end [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy_god View Post
Hey tog. The plugin works just fine. But the players can throw weapons just as they spawn and pick them up again. Can you please make something for that? Cheers.
Here you go.

Change log:
* Added removal of map weapons (optional), removal of weapons after drop (optional).
* Edited spawn weapon removal to be optional.

Be sure to configure the CVars to dial in the timing.
Attached Files
File Type: smx togweaponstripper.smx (10.9 KB, 120 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (togweaponstripper.sp - 165 views - 4.1 KB)