./srcds_run: line 353: 33614 Bus error: 10 $HL_CMD
cat: hlds.33599.pid: No such file or directory

TIA

pTy
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-07-2014 , 02:49   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #132

When was the last time you updated the dedicated.dylib file, pty? I'm not seeing a problem on my local server which should be up to date. I have a link for one in the first post, but here it is again: csgo_dedicated_dylib.zip

Alternatively, you could be updating with SteamCMD now without needing to use Wine or a different computer. A version for OS X came out somewhat recently: http://media.steampowered.com/client...cmd_osx.tar.gz

The download for appid 740 includes the CS:GO binaries for OS X, including the dedicated.dylib file which gets updated along with everything else.
pty
Old 03-08-2014 , 08:26   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #133

Hi,

I was able to fix my problem by using SteamCMD for OSX and updating the server.

Thanks

pTy
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-08-2014 , 15:14   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #134

Support for Dota 2 has now been added. A link to the download is in the first post.

If you'd like to run a server for it, it is highly recommended to install the latest snapshot of Metamod:Source and the Dota 2 Fixups plugin in order to fix a number of issues. MM:S must be installed using the gameinfo.txt installation method.

More details may be found in a new thread specifically for Dota 2 dedicated servers running on all platforms (Windows, Linux, and OS X): https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=236635
fastmitch97
Old 03-16-2014 , 14:06   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #135

Hey guys,

I've encountered a problem while trying to boot my Garry's mod server after not having used it for a while.
It worked fine through the methods and files posted in this thread but now I am getting this exact error message:

./srcds_run: line 376: 556 Bus error: 10 $HL_CMD

I've seen this error before in this thread but that was not related to garry's mod.
I've also tried to use steamcmd for a garry's mod dedicated server, as suggested in a recent post but when I enter the app ID for garry's mod (4020) after logging in anonymously and by using the command app_update, it states that the platform I'm using is currently invalid. I think this is related to some files for garry's mod not being ready to use for OS X but I'm not sure. I am using the newest set of files posted in this thread for garry's mod (in fact, I've just updated them and tried it again, same result) I'm running on OS X 10.9.1 and the dedicated server had been working fine until recently. I've followed the tutorial over and over again to see if I made any mistakes but I can't find anything I could've done wrong. Could anyone please help a bit?

Cheers,

fastmitch

Last edited by fastmitch97; 03-16-2014 at 14:07.
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-16-2014 , 20:08   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #136

That error message basically means that the server has crashed. I couldn't reproduce the problem with the current release of Garry's Mod, but I was able to get it to crash with the development branch.

Are you actually running the "dev" beta? You can verify this by right-clicking (or Ctrl+Click) on Garry's Mod in your games list in the Steam client and selecting Properties. Then click the BETAS tab and look at the drop down list. See the image below.

Betas Tab Image

If you are in fact, running the "dev" version, I've updated the first post with a new download for GMod that should work with both the current release and the development version. If that doesn't work for you, then there must be a different problem and we'll have to try something else.

(Regarding SteamCMD, appid 4020 only has files for Windows and Linux unfortunately. For OS X, you'd have to use appid 4000 and log into a Steam account that owns the game rather than logging in anonymously.)
Old 03-17-2014 , 13:15   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #137

Hi DS,

Thanks a bunch for the reply. I had totally forgotten about the development branch I had enabled because of the OS X Mavericks bug that stopped GMOD from starting. My bad! ^^ Everything works fine now!

Cheers,

Fastmitch
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-07-2014 , 18:17   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #138

I'm thinking of dropping support for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard) in a future update. Technically, Valve still supports these versions for the Orange Box/Source 2013 games and the Left 4 Dead series, but there are some features I have in mind that would end up taking quite a bit more work to support on 10.5 and 10.6.

Does anyone here actually try to run a server on either of these OS X versions anymore?
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-20-2014 , 23:24   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #139

The first post has been updated with a new package for today's Nuclear Dawn 7.1 update. This now includes replacements for dedicated.dylib and shaderapiempty.dylib, so be sure these files get placed in the game's "bin" directory.

For a direct download link, click here.
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-15-2014 , 17:32   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #140

An updated package for Left 4 Dead 1 has been added to the first post. This should fix running servers for the game since the update on May 13th.

Also, for those interested, the source code has now been moved to GitHub. The new repository can be found here: https://github.com/TheDS/srcds_osx