Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

sm_admin not found/working.

Post New Thread Reply   

phospholipid
Old 08-03-2009 , 22:44   sm_admin not found/working.
Reply With Quote #1

Source mod is installed and working on the server [because, I have the gscramble plug-in installed and it works just fine]. but when I go into console/chat and try and type in "sm_admin" it says "unknown command".

Why isn't it recognizing me/is why can't I execute sourcemod?

in my admins_simple.ini i have this [the x's are my steam ID]:

Quote:
"Admins"
{
"house"
{
"auth" "steam"
"identity" "STEAM_0:0:11708266"
"group" "admin"
"immunity" "100"
"flags" "z"
}
}
Thanks.

Last edited by phospholipid; 08-03-2009 at 23:00.
Send a message via AIM to phospholipid
GEVREKA
Old 08-04-2009 , 04:13   Re: sm_admin not found/working.
Reply With Quote #2

Copy & Paste this information in admins.cfg file, if you are with SourceBans. But... for me, it works also with admins_simple.ini... or you haven't identify as admin (look in core.cfg, pw setionfo). Or try "sm_who" to see if you are admin, if not, no access to this command (which shows levels and access), e.g. sm_admin too.
atom0s
Old 08-04-2009 , 20:23   Re: sm_admin not found/working.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
Source mod is installed and working on the server [because, I have the gscramble plug-in installed and it works just fine]. but when I go into console/chat and try and type in "sm_admin" it says "unknown command".

Why isn't it recognizing me/is why can't I execute sourcemod?

in my admins_simple.ini i have this [the x's are my steam ID]:

Thanks.
What you posted is not the proper format for admins_simple.ini, be sure to read the top of the file if you wish to continue using that file for your administration list. The format you showed here is what you should have inside of admin.cfg. Cut what you have inside of admins_simple.ini and move it to admin.cfg then restart your server.
Acid07
Old 08-05-2009 , 18:30   Re: sm_admin not found/working.
Reply With Quote #4

might be an idea to check if everythings up to date and installed properly... and then restart your server...

it shouldnt be anything to do with the admin configs because in console it would still say somthing like "[sm] you do not have permition to use this command" if sourcemod was installed correctly...

make sure you have sourcemod installed after you have installed metamod that might be a fix...

finaly if all else fails move the plugins into a separate folder and re-install everything one by one... it could be a plugin causing some kind of confliction. if you find the plugin thats causing it just tell the maker and i'm sure theyd be happy to help getting it to work...

Last edited by Acid07; 08-05-2009 at 18:35.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2009 , 18:45   Re: sm_admin not found/working.
Reply With Quote #5

It sounds like you moved some admin plugins out of the plugins folder or SM isnt installed. If SM was really installed or all the plugins were there, it would say "you are not authorized etc..." if it was enabled and didnt have admin.