Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Left 4 Dead 2 Random Ideas

Post New Thread Reply   

theproperson
Old 12-03-2017 , 14:45   Left 4 Dead 2 Random Ideas
Reply With Quote #1

The following are just a few ideas I thought of to to help increase the diffrentation between some items in the game.

-Incendiary/Explosive ammo no longer instant kills common infected.
This would allow them to be more common without a negative impact on the game and also let players
enjoy using/holding more of them at a time.

-Incendiary works the same for commons as specials and just damages over time, wearing off if it doesn't kill them.

-Explosive ammo damages/stumbles commons same as special infected.

-Multiple clips of explosive/incendiary ammo (Has already been accomplished.)

-Tank swing can hit multiple survivors in co-op.

-Allow one stumble at a time so animations can be better synced. Most specials -except boomer- already do this so I assume it must be possible for the boomer and commons to do as well.

-Less stumbles for common infected, optional no stumble (Would improve a lot of slow zombie mutations. The constant falling over + slow speed makes it too easy to enjoy sometimes)

-"cm_HeadshotOnly = 1" support for special infected. (Personally I love headshots only mutations, but specials can drop too easy or be bullet sponges with the only modification cvar being
"z_non_head_damage_factor_multiplier" Should not affect tank since it dose not have damage multipliers .

-Make headshots not instant kill with "cm_HeadshotOnly = 1" regardless of weapon type or damage.
I have tried various things like setting common health higher, changing weapon damage values and etc. with no luck. Just one bullet always instant kills commons.

-Infinite Incap hp but blocked shooting. Similar to how it works in call of duty where the player is downed and dose not take damage but also can't shoot.

-More reliable health changer for survivors. The health changer plugin for survivors is terribly buggy and old. I was planning to make a new mutation that just for fun made a few call of duty zombie elements be added to the game. Really all I would need to finish it is a way to set survivors max health at 20.
I already have working health regeneration and if the above suggesting about infinite incap hp is done too then it could be fully implemented.

-Custom fists weapon that lets survivors punch things and dose customizable damage. By default maybe low values. Would suggest it makes things punched stumble. Could easily be placed in bucket 6 (slot 7 off screen) to be usable whenever its needed and always held without replacing a slot.

-Frag grenade

-Toxic gas grenade

-Break a mounted gun to spawn a m60

Drivable vehicles to derp around with that have passenger seats. I have seen one be made and do not know how it functions. It is a truck with a mounted minigun which can be driven around by players in l4d2. There was also a helicopter version made but it dose not have seats and the camera is very easily blocked by the helicopter model. It also has bugs when exiting that cause the helicopter lights to constantly spawn new lights wherever the player exited.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited by theproperson; 01-02-2018 at 17:00. Reason: Few More Ideas