Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Maplister

Post New Thread Reply   

Malachi
Old 07-21-2013 , 23:44   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #61

Ok, so the problem is it overwrites maplist.txt on a server restart before sm_maplist_file gets set, which is not really acceptable. I guess I should set the map file to something entirely non-stock, but that wont stop others from having the same problem.

Looks like I'll be adding in a cfg file.

Last edited by Malachi; 07-21-2013 at 23:44.
Malachi
Old 07-22-2013 , 02:09   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #62

Ok, so this has the cvar removed (lol - it lasted one whole rev), and uses a config file instead. Now when the plugin starts up it reads the config, and doesn't accidentally overwrite anything.

Changes (v1.6.8):
Removed CVar sm_maplist_file. Reads config file addons/sourcemod/config/maplister.cfg to read the default file that will get written to on map change (if enabled) OR on sm_writemaplist where no file arguments are passed. If this file doesn't exist (or is empty) we default to maplist.txt, maintaining backward compatibility.

The basics were tested and appear to be working. I don't really do any processing on what gets read from the file, so that may cause issues.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (maplister.sp - 267 views - 9.1 KB)

Last edited by Malachi; 07-22-2013 at 14:43.
theY4Kman
Old 07-22-2013 , 05:10   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Ok, so this has the cvar removed (lol - it lasted one whole rev), and uses a config file instead. Now when the plugin starts up it reads the config, and doesn't accidentally overwrite anything.

Changes (v1.6.:
Removed CVar sm_maplist_file. Reads config file addons/sourcemod/config/maplister.cfg to read the default file that will get written to on map change (if enabled) OR on sm_writemaplist where no file arguments are passed. If this file doesn't exist (or is empty) we default to maplist.txt, maintaining backward compatibility.

The basics were tested and appear to be working. I don't really do any processing on what gets read from the file, so that may cause issues.
You gave it far more love and effort than I would have. I shall add it to the original post. I'm really glad you put it on github; it encourages me to submit pull requests, which are far easier than updating forum posts
Send a message via ICQ to theY4Kman Send a message via AIM to theY4Kman Send a message via MSN to theY4Kman Send a message via Yahoo to theY4Kman Send a message via Skype™ to theY4Kman
XenTerSiO
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-22-2013 , 09:45   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #64

How do save the list of maps, only to file - addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini ?
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-22-2013 , 12:13   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #65

Why not just type listmaps using rcon.... and then copy/paste?
Malachi
Old 07-22-2013 , 14:54   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenTerSiO View Post
How do save the list of maps, only to file - addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini ?
Hi Xen,

Using the latest version off the front page (make sure it's version 1.6.8!), you would create a file called:
Code:
../tf/addons/sourcemod/config/maplister.cfg
This is a text file. Add one line to the top of the text file:
Code:
addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini
Then drop the plugin into your plugins directory.

When the server changes maps, the plugin will automatically fill (overwrite) the file adminmenu_maplist.ini with the names of every map on your server.

BTW, are you sure that's what you want? That's not normally a location/filename used for such things...
Malachi
Old 07-22-2013 , 14:56   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
Why not just type listmaps using rcon.... and then copy/paste?
The point of this plugin is to avoid manually doing such things. So with this plugin all you have to do is drop a map onto the server and wait for a map change. The map will show up in your nominations list (depending on your setup). I like to use it for the admin map selection list.
XenTerSiO
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-22-2013 , 15:31   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #68

I do not have another file. I deleted them all. Maps still work and change. Thank you very much!
Malachi
Old 07-23-2013 , 04:27   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenTerSiO View Post
I do not have another file. I deleted them all. Maps still work and change. Thank you very much!
Just to be clear, running this plugin without the maplister.cfg config file will cause it to write all the maps it finds to:
Quote:
../tf/maplist.txt
tejeskifly
Old 12-01-2013 , 14:49   Re: Maplister
Reply With Quote #70

It is possible, maplister list workshop maps for cs:go?

Server donwnload workshop maps to /maps/workshop/<mapworkshopid>/map_name.bsp