Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000

Post New Thread Reply   

drhydralisk
BANNED
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:50   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentcrimes View Post
I think the point is you didn't ask any of us before hand, it would be like robbing a bank to make sure the security is good.
Well I am sorry, but wanted to fix it as soon as possible since my favorite clan uses this (lostbrotherhood <3 you naso!). But it is not robbing a bank if you did not steal anything. I saw usernames and passwords but did not do anything with them. Its like looking at an open vault of a bank and seeing mountains of cash, your not doing anything until you take some.
violentcrimes
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:53   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #152

But if you broke into to the bank to look at it you would still go to jail for it. For future reference ask communities before doing something like this. I would be more then willing to have you do it my site/servers but I would like to know before hand. I thank you for posting the issues but please ask.
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:58   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentcrimes View Post
But if you broke into to the bank to look at it you would still go to jail for it. For future reference ask communities before doing something like this. I would be more then willing to have you do it my site/servers but I would like to know before hand. I thank you for posting the issues but please ask.
But I never broke into a bank, it is open 24/7 to anyone. I just wanted to fix it before someone who may have different intentions. If I found it, someone else could have just as easily (i decided to see if it was exploitable because the interface looked cheap and not well designed so I wanted to see if the script was the same).
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-18-2010 , 05:54   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #154

Crime is Crime, it doesn't matter if you just wanted to test the security or not. being to lazy too setup the interface yourself and being too lazy to ask for permission is NO execuse. You can say you don't abuse the passwords you hacked, but you can't proof it and I also don't trust you.
but whatever, you are banned now here...

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
alinayg
Old 06-18-2010 , 06:06   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #155

It's to bad, I liked this mod, source bans has also been corrupted.
Old 06-18-2010 , 07:09   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #156

that guy tried to help and you banned him...sweet,that just shows how some people are
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-18-2010 , 07:30   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionxp View Post
that guy tried to help and you banned him...sweet,that just shows how some people are
Helping doesn't excuse unauthorized access to various community's sites, bragging about it, and privately threatening others.
ionxp
BANNED
Old 06-18-2010 , 09:00   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #158

if you say so
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-18-2010 , 09:21   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
if you say so
Well, so he posted a patch...

There's also the fact that no one has even mentioned if they've looked at the patch he posted, reviewing it independent of him (I know I haven't had time to look at it yet, but luckily I don't use that web interface). If he's unethical enough to 'test' on others, he may also very likely be unethical enough to leave a backdoor in for himself while fixing other possible exploits.
LordVader!
Old 06-18-2010 , 10:36   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
if you say so
You know i'm pretty sure this is a federal crime. Gaining unauthorized access to a secure computer system.. I don't even think you were affected so its easy for you to say "big deal"..

Yes i'm happy he didn't just go out ant tell everyone and their mother about this but we don't know. I don't trust anyone like this and for all we know our passwords are on some list just waiting to be used or already being used.

Point is this is a crime and its NOT ok... All he had to do it come to me and ask me that's it!! its not a crime at the point but that never happened and a crime was committed. Not a local crime not a state crime a federal offense with im sure would be linked to come prision time.. Ya its a big deal!