Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000

Post New Thread Reply   

drhydralisk
BANNED
Old 06-17-2010 , 15:54   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #141

I did inform the guinea pigs.. And posting security notices public is how its done. You are confusing posting a proof of concepts before everyone has a chance to patch, that is the bad one.
Chanz
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2010 , 16:29   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhydralisk View Post
I did inform the guinea pigs.. And posting security notices public is how its done. You are confusing posting a proof of concepts before everyone has a chance to patch, that is the bad one.
We never received from you anything about commtools.
And if you didn't get an answer from us you shouldn't have had tested this stuff on us or any other community/server that runs commtools.

I don't break into your house and tell everyone at kindergardens meeting that you left open your window for a week.

Posting such things in a public forum is just stupid. It makes it easier for script kiddys to attack servers.

PS: I would never install a webinterface or plugin from someone who is new and tells around security bugs in public forums, you should have contacted the plugin author and if he didn't respond, you should have contacted a Sourcemod dev to disapprove this plugin.

Thank you for donations: [ Paypal ]

Video Tutorial (German): [ Gameserver & SourceMod Plugins mit HLSW verwalten ]
LordVader!
Old 06-17-2010 , 20:39   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #143

Well thanks for at least letting me know and not releasing this (that we know : ). No offence but can someone take a look at the source code (just posted) and give it a 2nd opinion maybe something else was missed?

EDIT: I also never received any email.

Last edited by LordVader!; 06-17-2010 at 21:54.
violentcrimes
Old 06-17-2010 , 20:50   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #144

I never received any email or notice from you either. I run Convict Gaming.
Old 06-17-2010 , 20:53   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #145

I unapproved the plugin for now until all of the serious security holes are gone.

I also banned this guy drhydralisk from my servers for hacking into our servers without asking me first. His IP address is 76.20.11.192 if anyone wants to ban him too.

I also requested a forum ban here for posting details on how to exploit this software and stating that he hacked allot of servers.

Greetings ~Berni

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:07   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #146

I'll talk to HSFighter and get him to incorporate the plugin into his WebAdmin interface.
violentcrimes
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:12   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #147

It's amazing that it isn't incorporated into sourcebans yet.
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:22   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #148

I'd love to be able to use this, I had no idea it existed up until now.

If this was incorporated into SourceBans it would absolutely make my day.
drhydralisk
BANNED
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:30   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanz View Post
We never received from you anything about commtools.
And if you didn't get an answer from us you shouldn't have had tested this stuff on us or any other community/server that runs commtools.

I don't break into your house and tell everyone at kindergardens meeting that you left open your window for a week.

Posting such things in a public forum is just stupid. It makes it easier for script kiddys to attack servers.

PS: I would never install a webinterface or plugin from someone who is new and tells around security bugs in public forums, you should have contacted the plugin author and if he didn't respond, you should have contacted a Sourcemod dev to disapprove this plugin.
I never posted details on how the injection is done. So I posted a patch telling there are exploits in this script, or should i have just said nothing and tell you guys you need this patch but I can't tell you what it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader! View Post
Well thanks for at least letting me know and not releasing this (that we know : ). No offence but can someone take a look at the source code (just posted) and give it a 2nd opinion maybe something else was missed?
I will not release the PoC until there is an official patch, or it has been to long and there is no official patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentcrimes View Post
I never received any email or notice from you either. I run Convict Gaming.
I send an email to what email I was able to find, either through one found on a contact page or what of the emails from the database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post
I unapproved the plugin for now until all of the serious security holes are gone.

I also banned this guy drhydralisk from my servers for hacking into our servers without asking me first. His IP address is 76.20.11.192 if anyone wants to ban him too.

I also requested a forum ban here for posting details on how to exploit this software and stating that he hacked allot of servers.

Greetings ~Berni
Sorry, but needed to see who was effected, I didn't do anything with the info so clam down (if your so worried maybe don't use such simple passwords that took only a second to search for the hash). And AGAIN I did not post details on how to do the exploit, so stop saying that I posted them. Maybe a little thanks or just stop flaming me if you don't want to say thanks, 0days are worth money so I could have just as easily sold it, but since I play source games I chose not to.

And I no I am new and you don't trust the patch, I have done one for sourcebans as well http://sourcebans.net/content/sourcebans-145-released and soon to be another one since I just found a persistent xss (get admin login)

Last edited by drhydralisk; 06-17-2010 at 21:48.
violentcrimes
Old 06-17-2010 , 21:48   Re: Permanent Muting/Gagging/Silencing/Naming across servers 1.6.000
Reply With Quote #150

I think the point is you didn't ask any of us before hand, it would be like robbing a bank to make sure the security is good.