[L4D2] self stand up

Post New Thread Reply   

GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-16-2012 , 22:13   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Tested again - seems to work now... odd. Not sure... however it appears to work now almost every time. One time it didn't finish.. not sure why... will try it tonight for the games.
Let me get this straight, this plugin has noting to to with the game end round, i didn't touch anything of the director ability. As i said before, your game didn't end because u were caught with the glitch of the "[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead" plugin. If you can reproduce when and where the condition of the glitch, i can mod "[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead" plugin for u otherwise u can report back to the original developer. I v tested as what you claim before but it never happen to me tough. Many server that was experience game never ending is only when using that plugin.

EDIT: Otherwise if u were caught in the non ending game scenario again you type in console "sm_cvar director_no_death_check 0", the game will end. When the new round begin again you set it back to "sm_cvar director_no_death_check 1". That all i can think of. This director mod not come from my plugin. As long as survivor dead round always end.

Last edited by GsiX; 09-16-2012 at 22:32.
chatyak
Old 09-17-2012 , 00:53   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsiX View Post
Let me get this straight, this plugin has noting to to with the game end round, i didn't touch anything of the director ability. As i said before, your game didn't end because u were caught with the glitch of the "[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead" plugin. If you can reproduce when and where the condition of the glitch, i can mod "[L4D, L4D2] No Death Check Until Dead" plugin for u otherwise u can report back to the original developer. I v tested as what you claim before but it never happen to me tough. Many server that was experience game never ending is only when using that plugin.

EDIT: Otherwise if u were caught in the non ending game scenario again you type in console "sm_cvar director_no_death_check 0", the game will end. When the new round begin again you set it back to "sm_cvar director_no_death_check 1". That all i can think of. This director mod not come from my plugin. As long as survivor dead round always end.
Interesting... I will try that, as it didn't end twice on no mercy... thanks!
chatyak
Old 09-17-2012 , 02:23   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #33

Entering "sm_cvar director_no_death_check 0" worked great. Round ended.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-17-2012 , 10:22   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #34

i m almost done on my side so i hope u have a news so i can make official release (fixed and proper).

Last edited by GsiX; 09-17-2012 at 10:23.
chatyak
Old 09-17-2012 , 14:27   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsiX View Post
i m almost done on my side so i hope u have a news so i can make official release (fixed and proper).
Not sure what you mean? The round did glitch out due to "death check", then I entered the code into the console and the round force ended. I'll keep that code handy in case it happens again and I'll let you know
chinagreenelvis
Old 09-17-2012 , 15:41   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #36

Those of you who have been having problems with the Death Check plugin, please download the patched version by dcx2:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1342820

Last edited by chinagreenelvis; 09-17-2012 at 15:41.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-17-2012 , 18:14   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
Not sure what you mean? The round did glitch out due to "death check", then I entered the code into the console and the round force ended. I'll keep that code handy in case it happens again and I'll let you know
The plugin fail to set back to "0" when all player dead. Its sourcemod fail, not really a game glitch.

Last edited by GsiX; 09-17-2012 at 18:18.
chatyak
Old 09-17-2012 , 19:51   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #38

Yes. Either way it worked - so I was happy (as was everyone else). One question though.

When the game would not end, it was during versus with all humans. I entered in the console command and round ended - great.

However, I was testing by myself on server with just bots and round did not end. So I entered in sm_cvar code and the round STILL did not end.

Perhaps the console code only works with more than 1 human?

(I just dl the new patched version too.. haven't tested it yet)... I did bind that command to a key though.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-17-2012 , 20:03   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #39

Not like that... actually "director_no_death_check 0" is a director function to check if all survivor player (including bot) incap or die which ever condition meet, director will end the game.. So in your case i think u were die but the survivor bot still standing.. wait till they (bot) incap sure the game will end... (or use admin command to kill them...)

Last edited by GsiX; 09-17-2012 at 20:10.
GsiX
gee, six eggs
Old 09-18-2012 , 10:53   Re: [L4D2] self get up
Reply With Quote #40

v 1.1.3 - released. Must read the change log, new cvar. U may want to download again.

Last edited by GsiX; 09-18-2012 at 10:54.