Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Battle Mages Version 1.0.1

Post New Thread Reply   

menchi
Old 05-16-2008 , 15:16   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #111

Hi, Im sorry to revive this thread, but the link is dead. If anyone can re-post this it would be much appreciated.
Send a message via AIM to menchi
chris
Old 05-16-2008 , 23:43   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #112

Seems fun, but needs a link to the needed files.
Old 07-05-2008 , 03:41   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #113

Sorry was my fault. Upgrading the home page and missed to copy some of the files back.

Downloads should be working now.

Gonna change the email to a working one. The other one stoped working for me. To be honest I haven't read anything for quite some time. One reason being a lot of work, the other is that I don't play that much CS anymore.

Best regards
Martin J. Van der Cal
[email protected]
Old 03-02-2011 , 07:07   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #114

download link doesnt work
Old 03-03-2011 , 06:45   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuty View Post
download link doesnt work
ofcouse the link won't work, the thread is 7 years old
tuty
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2011 , 13:12   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #116

yeah i know but author should post his source as attachment not on his damn website, this thread should be trashed because no sourcecode around here
Old 03-03-2011 , 17:20   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #117

Yea I think it has a cool idea I would love to edit it if all possible
Old 07-14-2011 , 07:16   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #118

Looks like the thread hasn't been updated for quite a while...

First I'll attach the original plugin package in this post, hope it helps.
Actually the source code consists of the base sma file and 9 inc files.

I downloaded the plugin last year and before I registered here I've been looking into the plugin's code for quite a while... searching for what I could possibly do using the code.

It seems quite possible to change the player's starting health and make players have more health and more powerful as they level up with this plugin (making it a generic experience leveling system). For balance purposes, you can make the plugin give more health to players who don't want to use magic at all (before that you should make WARRIOR a valid school and enable it to earn and save XP). But having more health and casting shields could spare players from AWM shots, so there should be something to do the balance for that. Also, in that case, it may be helpful to add functions to show the target's level as well when targeting an enemy.

The plugin seems to hook the death messages (something like "A killed B (headshot) with (weapon)" in the console and "A (weapon) (headshot) B" on the HUD screen) for some functions, so if you have the tutor in Condition Zero turned on, some features may not work properly as CZ won't generate death messages when tutor on so the plugin cannot see them.

Also, I was wondering if there's an alternative way to handle the damage reduction instead of adding a fake ABNORMAL_HEALTH (which is 1024) to the player as a buffer (to prevent the user from being killed by a hit beyond the caster's current health before the shield kicks in), as this way has its own problems.

- The game would report 1000+ health to the spectators and could make others think the player's cheating or something, while in fact it is not. (It may cause some anti-cheat plugins to kick in if they do care about abnormal value in Health)

- It seems casting spells involving ABNORMAL_HEALTH can sometimes spare the caster from C4 explosion blast (In Magma Shield's case, I don't know whether the shield is designed to be like this or not), and show a glitched number in the player's HUD (which could only show numbers up to 255, and in fact the player's health is already below ABNORMAL_HEALTH and the plugin fails to take off the buffer and kill the player, possibly because C4 blast does not have an "Attacker" or because the C4 blast does not generate death messages and so the function fails to execute).

- And if the player is killed with such spells on (which actually means the player's health is below ABNORMAL_HEALTH), the plugin will immediately do 1025 damage (take off the buffer) from the attacker to the player, while somehow consider the player "commited suicide". (The attacker still takes the credit of killing the player and earns 1 point, while the player loses 1 point upon death, and bots will yell something like "What have you done?" which would only happen upon killing a teammate)

Still I haven't tested all the spells and schools yet, but there may be some problems when using this plugin in practice.

The ingame help document can be modified in the dictionary file, but make sure the total characters do not exceed 1536. (I heard that it was a hard limit for CS' MOTD)

As for playing in the LAN... yeah, all players will be assigned the ID "STEAM_ID_LAN" (if using Steam or using RevEmu), and bots will be assigned the ID "BOT". However, the server could add these IDs into the MySQL database to grant all LAN players and bots some base XP at the very beginning. I haven't tested it yet, and by the way... I still don't know what the "vault" someone mentioned about in some previous posts is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bm.zip (2.08 MB, 328 views)

Last edited by LSS6474; 07-16-2011 at 06:20.
nisam_ja
BANNED
Old 07-14-2011 , 13:55   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #119

not good.
Send a message via MSN to nisam_ja Send a message via Skype™ to nisam_ja
choco@.@
Old 04-11-2012 , 05:19   Re: Battle Mages Version 1.0.1
Reply With Quote #120

Download link has been broke....