Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

If you are looking to hire a programmer off here, avoid "Mr. Freeman"

Post New Thread Reply   

3rdDevTeam
Old 10-13-2018 , 19:35   If you are looking to hire a programmer off here, avoid "Mr. Freeman"
Reply With Quote #1

Edit: I feel this is the correct area of the forum for this as I am looking to warn people looking to hire people from here. Please feel free to move to another area of the forum you feel it better fits.

I generally wouldn't do this but if he feels he wants to call me out for something in my thread because I rejected him as someone I wanted to work with.

He is clearly on here looking to scam people. If he's not, then he just has a full blown, uncharted, crippling Asperger syndrome that doesn't allow him to communicate with anyone on any normal level. I really hope that is the situation.

To message people and tell them a GPL license means anything, then admit it means nothing when I call him out on it. Then I asked him why is he messaging me on a 1 year old steam account claiming to know so much. His response was he gets "bombarded with work messages" on his other account.. So if he is just FLOODED with work to the point he needs a completely different steam account, why is he messaging me looking for work? I asked if he could add me on that account anyway and his response was "did I not just tell you why?". Any normal, rational human being would know that's such a rude response and is nothing short of full blown defensiveness. You would not be so short with someone unless you are hiding something.

He went on saying most the people on AlliedMods will just "blanket sell" any custom plugins I get from here.

He is using every tactic a scammer would use.. Saying the person would be protected working with him (GPL license), that everyone else is a scammer on here (blanket resells), and he is "too busy to take on more work but if you ACT NOW...(sense of urgency).

Even with all that, I can't say for sure if he is a scammer or what his intentions are but dealing with so many bad cases starting out with people like him, I decided not to work with him, and I respectfully told him I wasn't interested in working with him.

So he decided to go on my original thread, telling programmers not to work with me and saying he will "provide logs if needed". I asked him to post the logs, as it will literally show him how much of an idiot he is, but he refuses. Probably because he will edit the logs

Didn't want to have to type this up, but this is what happens when you are emotionally damaged and try and 'call out people" who are just trying to create and be fair with people.

Last edited by 3rdDevTeam; 10-13-2018 at 19:37.
Mr.Freeman
Old 10-13-2018 , 19:40   Re: If you are looking to hire a programmer off here, avoid "Mr. Freeman"
Reply With Quote #2

Admins personally I don't think responding to this is worth while since this isn't even a plugin request but here's hoping you can remove a new user for violating forum rules.
Old 10-13-2018 , 19:41   Re: If you are looking to hire a programmer off here, avoid "Mr. Freeman"
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Freeman View Post
Admins personally I don't think responding to this is worth while since this isn't even a plugin request but here's hoping you can remove a new user for violating forum rules.
We are all waiting on those logs that will expose me btw (emjoi face) (emjoi face) (emjoi face)

Last edited by 3rdDevTeam; 10-13-2018 at 19:42.
wolvez04
Old 10-13-2018 , 22:07   Re: If you are looking to hire a programmer off here, avoid "Mr. Freeman"
Reply With Quote #4

Mr.Freeman
Old 10-13-2018 , 23:00   Re: Looking to pay/hire sourcepawn programmer for server gig
Reply With Quote #5

Spirit_12 the reason I did not include the conversations between myself and 3rdDevTeam is because I do not think one negative interaction should be diminishing a new members reputation publicly however I posted my remarks in the event other coders do want to help them but are curious about what they are getting into. I intend on only sharing that information with those individuals whom reach out or of course our admins.

Unfortunately 3rdDevTeam decided to turn a public forum into a griefing match, creating a post in relation to me being a scammer in which I'm confident he diminished his own reputation on that one. I am unsure how I can be a scammer when I yet to know what the project details are or written a singular line of code. I mean in the entire conversation there wasn't even a mention of price. I was simply going to reach out to see if I was even able to help in the first place.

I will close my end of the conversation here.

*** Edited below as to show you a little reason why you might not want to engage with this individual ***

https://imgur.com/a/uQ5bkJo